What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Star Ocean:The Last Hope International. It's awesome.

Um... perhaps the battles. The story, character development and egad... the dialog are horrific. This isn't even an opinion... it's FACT. LOL

Im pretty early on. I have so many things to play... I need to jump back on it, but since FFXIII is around the corner, id rather not play any other RPG's at the moment.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Ocean:The Last Hope International. It's awesome.

Um... perhaps the battles. The story, character development and egad... the dialog are horrific. This isn't even an opinion... it's FACT. LOL

I'm usually not that bothered by hammy story and dialogue, if the game's gameplay mechanics keep me interested. Well, having the original japanese voices helps quite a bit. The only real gripes I have with Star Ocean as a series are the ridiculously long dungeons, items limited to 20 pieces and that stepping on save point doesn't restore HP/MP. Save points are scattered far apart, and the games often require level-grinding regardless of the multiple difficulty levels offered.

At least the developers did away with the "feature" where activating skills consumes HP. SO3 was nasty in that regard.

Been trying Heavy Rain demo and Yakuza 3 demo.

Heavy Rain - Man, this is really pumped me up, feel like real movie, QTE battles (which I really like) and real investigations. The only unforgiving part is the tank-like control and even, this can be overlooked. Will look forward to the game soon.

Yakuza 3 - This is Shenmue and more. Great environment, fun mini games (the karaoke mini game is insane), superb fight, and seems like great storyline in progress. Will get this over FFXIII for sure ;)

Bayonetta Demo. After trying out the demo, i decided NOT to get this game. Not to say the game is not good. I just feel too many hack n slash games out there and GOWIII is around the corner. Will save the money to buy Heavy rain and Yakuza 3 1st :)