What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the average review on the game, I purchased Saboteur today.

Pleasantly surprised by it, love it, love the setting and love to kill some Nazis too :P

If you like Assassin's Creed, GTA or Mafia, this is the game for you.

Finally finished The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass. This is actually one of the first Zelda titles I've played where I haven't tried to get all of the extras. I only picked up one or two of the extra heart pieces and a few other optional items. Maybe it's just me, but I found some of the challenges for the other extras to be extremely tedious and difficult. I found this game to be a bit odd in the sense that it was the first game since Majora's Mask that really didn't involve any of the series' primary characters. No Gannon and no Zelda (technically, Tetra was present but never went into "Zelda Mode"). Another peculiarity of this game is that it had no impending sense of doom... it felt as though if you abandoned your quest absolutely nothing would happen.

In the end, I think the game itself was quite good but the story and plot were definitely weak points (even more so than in some previous titles). I'm glad I played through it, but I am hoping that a lot of these issues might be addressed in Spirit Tracks. It if carries on in the same way as this game did, I might find it difficult to justify completing.

The thing that has actually amused me the most about the franchise over the last decade is the fact they actually try to make some explanation of how all of these games fit together somehow. Like how Twilight Princess was made from some sort of alternate timeline and how "Link" is actually a different person taking on the same role in every game. Do we really need an explanation of the Zelda universe? Can't they just say there's no coherent storyline between the games and "we wanted to try something new"?