What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Hey it turns out Siren 2 never came out in the US. So what is my best option here? Should I get the PAL version and patch it, or get the JP version? I've never played a JP region game on my PS2 before do they work just like NTSC games? I mean technically they should besides having to use a boot disc or whatever. It might not have an English option is what I'm worried about though. Also I have never patched a PAL game to NTSC, I know you have to set an offset which hopefully someone else has figured out already for this game I've just never actually done it.

It also came out in Australia, but I have no idea whats going on with video standards over there at all. Don't you guys use SECAM or something like that? I know you have the SCART cable, doesn't that just do a whole multitude of things? Composite, S-Video, and RGB or something?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Japanese games will work on your PS2 if your console is modded, otherwise the region lock kicks in, NTSC notwithstanding. The PAL version is the only version that has been localized in English.

Australia uses PAL like most other PAL countries. France (and slew of other counties use SECAM which is a bastardization of PAL, but these days or more like a SECAM/PAL hybrid, with a few countries still sticking to the old SECAM standard (so you don't see games that have a SECAM label on them instead of PAL in France - some former SECAM countries have switched to PAL). Yeah, SCART does a lot of things, with support for composite, RGB and S-Video signals. On the PS2 side of things though, there's RGB SCART, S-Video and Component cables for the console.

Playing DW Gundam 2 on PS3. I am always a sucker for Koei Dynasty Warriors series. And playing as Gundam is very enticing :P So now, I have DWG2, MGS4, DMC4 and KZ3 on PS3. Looking to add Siren and NG Sigma.

Played more Wet. I'm torturing myself.

also played the XBLA Warriors game. man I wanted it to be good SOOOOooooo bad. I love the warriors. but this is a disgrace.

Playing DW Gundam 2 on PS3. I am always a sucker for Koei Dynasty Warriors series. And playing as Gundam is very enticing :P So now, I have DWG2, MGS4, DMC4 and KZ3 on PS3. Looking to add Siren and NG Sigma.

For some reason the whole Dynasty Warriors series is like crack to me. Once I start, it'll take me forever to blink. I'm like that way with most FF games as well.

Playing DW Gundam 2 on PS3. I am always a sucker for Koei Dynasty Warriors series. And playing as Gundam is very enticing :( So now, I have DWG2, MGS4, DMC4 and KZ3 on PS3. Looking to add Siren and NG Sigma.

For some reason the whole Dynasty Warriors series is like crack to me. Once I start, it'll take me forever to blink. I'm like that way with most FF games as well.

Hahaha, same for me, but I will get bored with the DW series in a week normally. There is only so much "Square, Square, Square, triangle" combo you can pound on :P

But the DW Gundam 2 is one of the better and interesting one. heck, i love fighting those giant bosses and the gundams are well-animated.

Yeah, I've been wanting to get that and Siren as well.

Need time and moneeeeeeeyyy :P

Playing DW Gundam 2 on PS3. I am always a sucker for Koei Dynasty Warriors series. And playing as Gundam is very enticing :( So now, I have DWG2, MGS4, DMC4 and KZ3 on PS3. Looking to add Siren and NG Sigma.

Hahaha, same for me, but I will get bored with the DW series in a week normally. There is only so much "Square, Square, Square, triangle" combo you can pound on :P

But the DW Gundam 2 is one of the better and interesting one. heck, i love fighting those giant bosses and the gundams are well-animated.

Shyt, thats how I was back when I played Legend of Dragoon, man that game was sweet, FUX FF!

Legend of Dragoon is amazing. No doubt about that. But I just adore my FF games. Especially FF3 (6), 7,8 and 10.

I've been playing some Parasite Eve again.

Damn it looks like I'm SOL then. I read that when you convert the PAL Siren 2 to NTSC you run into all kinds of bugs and crashing (Mostly related to video files) Also it cuts off the subtitles one way or another no matter what you put as the Y-offset. I guess that means it isn't dubbed then.

I need to get a TV that can handle PAL. Or maybe one of those converter boxes. There are a bunch of games I want to play that I can't because of stuff like this.