What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Space: good so far, but I am only about an hour in.

FarCry 2: Better then I expected so far.

Fable 2: I had about 5 hours of this one today. seems like the first one but prettier.

all three, along with Fallout3 look shockingly good. definitely a step beyond previous 360 graphics powerhouses. it's like someone found a switch in the 360 labeled "MOAR POWAH" and flipped that bad boy.

Looking forward to get those then.

Bought Dynasty Warriors 6 for X360 in English, original. I dun know why but I am always a sucker for Koei games :new:

Also, I hate Golden Axe: Beast Riders and love NBA 2K9.

Looking forward to get those then.

Bought Dynasty Warriors 6 for X360 in English, original. I dun know why but I am always a sucker for Koei games :new:

Also, I hate Golden Axe: Beast Riders and love NBA 2K9.

Does Golden Axe live up to the original?

I've only played about an hour of it, but hopefully I'll get to it later on. From what little I have played it does remind of a futuristic Oblivion, then I haven't played 1 or 2 so i can't make any comparisons there. You can switch between first and third person, but the third person is more over the shoulder and angled down, rather than Oblivion's directly behind. Interacting with NPCs is the same as Oblivion too, with multiple choice responses available. Use of weapons and close combat seems exactly the same to me too. Maybe Inky can shed more light on it for now. I'm getting started on Fable 2, need to just pick one and stick with it for a change.

Does Golden Axe live up to the original?

Not even close. It's so bad it's not even funny.

On a more detailed description:

Graphic - not bad but not so good either. As a game on a next-gen technology and so many games with better graphic, this sucks.

Control - Just ok, nothing out of ordinary, nothing to shout about.

Sound - BGM seems ok but not loud enough to make out most of it, the sound effects are the worst I have ever heard in a game, heck even during CGI, those sound effects and voice acting are bad.

Gameplay - Instead of a straight hack n slash ala Golden Axe of old, this is a parry/evade then counter type of gameplay. Hack and slash won't get you nowhere.It can be good when you are facing one enemy at a time but it is not even funny when you are surrounded. The levels are also not so inspiring and most of the times you need to go one area, clean the area of enemies before proceeding to the next, repeat. And you have only 2 - 3 combos to use, this itself is a sin.

I really, really wouldn't recommend this game to anyone. Go play Conan instead which has a better combo system, better parry system, better hack n slash, better boss fights etc etc.

The only redeeming quality of Golden Axe: Beast Riders is the beasts that you can use ranging from the fire breathing beast we know from the original to the big, rhino-like monster that can stomp and gore everything in its way.