What did you play most recently?

Gryph

I recently acquired saints row 2 so I'll be giving that a spin shortly.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't worry, you aren't missing anything. I spent an hour or so with it and it's just as average as the first installment. Funny too that I hadn't barely picked up GTA until a couple of days ago, then an hour later and Saints Row 2 appears on the good old internet! There just isn't any comparison. The difference in the quality of gfx alone is plain as day. The cars in GTA handle 'realistically' which I didn't like but I can live with - the cars in SR2 handle as if physics wasn't 'invented'. Another DL disc wasted! I really wanted it to be good too :(

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Xenosaga Episode II. It's fun. Really.

I don't like some of the character models though. MOMO is kinda fugly.

Oh wow.... II was the absolute worst. The only reason I played.... is to continue the story. Who wants to charge 3 times or so per character... just to have decent combos!!! Charge, Charge, Charge... Charge, Charge, Charge... Charge, Charge, Charge... ATTACK!!!!!!!!! Hey Agozer, weren't you playing this AWHILE back? Did you get distracted from it... I can't imagine anyone actually playing it a second time through... This reminds me... I always wanted to play Xenogears...

yeah, I was playing this a while back, and I stopped fairly late in the game because I was getting my ass handed to me. The most likely reason that I like XS2 despite its obvious faults is that it's the only XS game ever to hit Europe (being a rather rare find nowadays) so back then I had no knowledge of what XS1 and XS3 we're like.

Of course, I imported the two later, and they are definitely better than the second, but I wouldn't go as far as calling XS2 and utter failure. It has nice idea, they just aren't that well incorporated into the game.

Kinda similar to DMC2 actually, since that game too both doesn't deserve and does deserve much of the flak that most gamers and reviewers give it. DMC2 isn't a bad game in the end either, it's just completely underwhelming when compared to the rest of the games in that series. Stop comparing for a little while, and the game actually stands pretty well on its own, although with glaring faults, still. Exactly the same can be said about Xenosaga Episode II.

I recently acquired saints row 2 so I'll be giving that a spin shortly.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't worry, you aren't missing anything. I spent an hour or so with it and it's just as average as the first installment. Funny too that I hadn't barely picked up GTA until a couple of days ago, then an hour later and Saints Row 2 appears on the good old internet! There just isn't any comparison. The difference in the quality of gfx alone is plain as day. The cars in GTA handle 'realistically' which I didn't like but I can live with - the cars in SR2 handle as if physics wasn't 'invented'. Another DL disc wasted! I really wanted it to be good too :(

I actually liked the first one alot. SR2 is good for what it is, I'm enjoying it so far, it looks like it could have been on the OG xbox/ps2 though, the graphics stink. SR2 plays faster then GTA4 which is good, Nico's slow ass movement and looping turns really killed GTA for me. SR2 is fast. GTA4 has better graphics and storyline. SR2 has more diversions, mini games, and customizations.

Yeeees Horde. I was playing on my old roommates account. Some RP server... where no one RP'd. I have a max level warrior, with engineering. Haven't played in years. My buddy has since been playing him, maxed him out when they raised the cap, and kept me in the PVP whatever it was called. I have the armor from it apparently...

I miss Ogrimar. But do people actually still play? Amazing.

Yeeees Horde. I was playing on my old roommates account. Some RP server... where no one RP'd. I have a max level warrior, with engineering. Haven't played in years. My buddy has since been playing him, maxed him out when they raised the cap, and kept me in the PVP whatever it was called. I have the armor from it apparently...

I miss Ogrimar. But do people actually still play? Amazing.

You're surprised? The game has like 10 million customers. It's got on expansion coming out in a month, you should hop in and join us.

Well I'd have to transfer my character. I wouldn't want to start over. Hey... why do the alliance always fail? This isn't a joke... they always fail... why? They come to Ogrimar... and have their asses handed to them. I once got some heat for "blue walling" But flock them... They wanted to attack my city... I'll do whatever the game allows me to. Including throwing "the big one" right in the midst of a group of guys who weren't paying attention. (lol I started the battle) They were so pissed. The big One Is a bomb with an aoe that's pretty big, and makes everyone dizzy... in case you don't know. AND.... when I threw it... I wasn't PVP yet... heh

I'm on a PVP server. Everytime the Alliance attack, you can see how unorganized they are. Plus they can't handle Lady Sylvanas' summoned skeleton army. I just stand where she's usually at and watch. Then eventually run in and attack people and earn honor when the NPCs kill them.