What did you play most recently?

Gryph

too human is starting to wear thin with all it's little problems.

Tiger woods 09 is great for relaxing, or cussing up a storm, just like real golf.

Mercenaries 2. I just got to play this for about 45 minutes today. so no solid thoughts yet.

I've also been playing some private server WoW again.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing Devil May Cry 4 (PC) so far it has proved to be an awesome port. I can run it quite decently with my ancient hardware consisting of an AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB of DDR2 ram, and a Geforce 6150LE.

Running at a resolution of 640 x 480 with shadows on high, textures on high, and quality on low. I typically see between 15 - 30 FPS.

They did an incredible job with optimizing this game for even older hardware.

Graphics - 9/10 - Not a flashy as other PC/Console titles but it is quite a beauty.

Gameplay - 7/10 - Fast paced and edge of your seat gameplay. Cons are camera angles and controls which can be a bit frustrating. Also boss fights are recycled multiple times without much thought put into originality.

Sound - 10/10 - A great soundtrack with decent voice acting, very believable at times.

Overall 8/10

7/10 for gameplay?!? While it is fun during Nero's run, but when you need to go through the boss fights multiple times and running through the same level, the boredom can really get on you. I tried playing a 2nd run, but i give up halfway due to sheer boredom. Good for one run only

Well gameplay wasn't all that bad to warrant anything lower, except those minor/moderate issues thus is why I only subtracted three points. It is quite fun except they should of used different bosses.

The PC port is amazing considering how optimized it is, you should try the other modes/levels such as LDN, Bloody Palace, DMD.....

I don't mind playing this again and again even though boss fights are repetitive. I'm guessing the reason the levels are so linear/small is for optimization, I'm guessing since this title was originally developed with a PC engine they wanted it as optimized for older hardware as much as possible.

played about 30 minutes of tails of vesparia and thought it was complete crap. way to anime for my tastes.

I am going though Half Life 2 again, and finding that, while the game is good, it is not the best game the world has ever seen as many would have you believe. The gameplay is abit repetitive, the music is atrocious and the enemy AI is non existent.

I'm also starting Heavy Metal FAKK 2.

I loved the music in HL2. I think Valve does their music well. But you're pretty right on the AI, it's just not there most of the time.

I hardly ever notice music in games unless its really annoying.