What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Quake 4 on PC. Great game, I truly enjoyed it.

I think that game gets way too much flak. I enjoyed it a lot too, except for the horrible vehicle parts.

Yeah, I hate the vehicle part too. But it could be welcoming after a hectic shooting and worrying about health :) I played without cheat!!!

Still on Blue Dragon, now disc 2 of 3. I done something extraordinary too, which I hadn't done in years outside of the GTAs and Oblivion - I bought it! I honestly felt it warranted a purchase. It is lumbering, slow paced, old-fashioned, childish and linear but I'm really engrossed.

Also tried the new Madden, my first since 93 on the SNES, and the new Tiger Woods effort. I don't know why I bothered. The last sports game I liked was MLB 2K2 on the Dreamcast.

For some reason I always like the tiger woods games. even though I don't like sports or golf in general. TW09 is really nice.

Playing Madden'09 on X360. I am used to the control on the PSP and was thrown off. But I still managed to pull some good passing ala Seibu from Eyeshield 21 :) I love the shotgun formation!

I've been playing Devil May Cry 4 (PC) so far it has proved to be an awesome port. I can run it quite decently with my ancient hardware consisting of an AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB of DDR2 ram, and a Geforce 6150LE.

Running at a resolution of 640 x 480 with shadows on high, textures on high, and quality on low. I typically see between 15 - 30 FPS.

They did an incredible job with optimizing this game for even older hardware.

Graphics - 9/10 - Not a flashy as other PC/Console titles but it is quite a beauty.

Gameplay - 7/10 - Fast paced and edge of your seat gameplay. Cons are camera angles and controls which can be a bit frustrating. Also boss fights are recycled multiple times without much thought put into originality.

Sound - 10/10 - A great soundtrack with decent voice acting, very believable at times.

Overall 8/10

I've been playing Devil May Cry 4 (PC) so far it has proved to be an awesome port. I can run it quite decently with my ancient hardware consisting of an AMD64 x 2 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz, 1 GB of DDR2 ram, and a Geforce 6150LE.

Running at a resolution of 640 x 480 with shadows on high, textures on high, and quality on low. I typically see between 15 - 30 FPS.

They did an incredible job with optimizing this game for even older hardware.

Graphics - 9/10 - Not a flashy as other PC/Console titles but it is quite a beauty.

Gameplay - 7/10 - Fast paced and edge of your seat gameplay. Cons are camera angles and controls which can be a bit frustrating. Also boss fights are recycled multiple times without much thought put into originality.

Sound - 10/10 - A great soundtrack with decent voice acting, very believable at times.

Overall 8/10

7/10 for gameplay?!? While it is fun during Nero's run, but when you need to go through the boss fights multiple times and running through the same level, the boredom can really get on you. I tried playing a 2nd run, but i give up halfway due to sheer boredom. Good for one run only

Red Alert 3 beta.

I can't run it really well and they made a lot of tweaks to the gameplay and overall strategy. They made the units a lot more flexible and so far added a point system like company of heroes.

If anyone is still playing it let me know because I need more practice :D