What did you play most recently?

Gryph

I was playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy for the PSP, but the playthrough became discontinued because I died and had to start all over from the beginning.

Terranigma, and as well as Lufia 2 has also been discontinued, for them being dull and having repetitive puzzles one after another.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went through my rom lists and played Bionic Commando and Castlevania. Both are hard. :D

I've never been very good at at either. Yeah, hard is the word. Music kicks ass though.

getting back into oblivion shivering isles.

before that, skate and random pc stuff like fairway solitaire, diablo II and neverwinter nights II. the lack of xbox360 releases has me pretty restless.

ninja gaiden2 and race driver grid on the 360.still trying to get used to the handling on grid but im liking the playback feature just after you write off your car.

I set aside Eternal Sonata for a bit to try out a few others.

Tomb Raider Anniversary - I would have preferred a much more faithful adaption of the original TR. As it is, I hardly recognise a thing, it's pretty much just Legend all over again.

Time Shift - Largely overlooked on release due to H3 etc, it's a pretty good twist on the FPS. Not amazing, but the pause/freeze/rewind time aspect makes it different at least.

Lost Odyssey - I have poked about with this, 15 minutes at a time, just like every other JRPG I play. The story is involving, the combat is standard turn-based fare. Collecting items allows you to forge stronger rings which can be worn in battle to boost skills/magic whatever. The load times are a real pain in the ass though.

I think it's time I delved back into the warm bosom of Oblivion too :D

Went through my rom lists and played Bionic Commando and Castlevania. Both are hard. :lol:

I've never been very good at at either. Yeah, hard is the word. Music kicks ass though.

Yeah, love the music from both. At least the music in the first stage. :D

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles for PSP, specifically playing Symphony Of The Night on it.

Damn, now I know what I missed out. The more I play, the more I love SOTN. Great music, great graphics for its time, great design layout, great enemies, great storyline, great characters etc etc. Can't really think of a ad word for it. Now stuck at the inverted castle :lol:

Is the XBLA version great to download and play on TV? Or i should just stick with the PSP version, which is already great in itself.

All in all I'm pretty sure the only difference between CastleVania SoTn on PsP and 360 is the achievements and that your playing it on a T.V (like it should be played !! THis game is THE SH!T)

Here are the differences from Wikipedia

[edit] Xbox Live Arcade differences

The Xbox Live Arcade version for the Xbox 360 was released on March 21, 2007 in North America and July 25, 2007 in Japan. With most Xbox Arcade games, it features Leaderboards that track players progress throughout the castle and features 12 achievements worth 200 points. Most of the glitches from the PlayStation version of the game work on the Xbox 360 version. The Xbox 360 version also introduced some new glitches, including some minor sound glitches, and, more notably, the absence of the Vandal Sword enemy (A later patch corrected most of these glitches).

Despite the Cursed Prison and Underground Garden being included in the Sega Saturn version of SOTN, they were not put in the Xbox 360 version as it was a port from the PlayStation version of the game. As with the PlayStation version, Maria is unplayable. To save on space, all FMV sequences were removed from the United States version of the game; they have been added back to the Japanese version, which is approximately 25 megabytes larger. A later patch replaced the original ending song, "I Am The Wind," with "Admiration Towards the Clan," the ending song from Castlevania: Lament of Innocence. The unpatched version still features "I Am The Wind."

[edit] PlayStation Portable differences

The PlayStation Portable version of the game, as an unlockable part of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, is generally a port of the PlayStation version, but contains some additions and changes.

As in the Saturn version, Maria Renard is a playable character and boss. In contrast from her Saturn appearance, her gameplay style is closer to her Rondo of Blood counterpart. She uses owls as her primary means of attack and the four beasts as subweapons. Her sprites are also redrawn, though her original sprites are still used during cutscenes.

The Nose Devil and Sprite familiars from the Japanese versions return, titled "N Demon" and "Fairy" respectively. The first Fairy familiar is renamed "Faerie." Like the Xbox 360 version, "I Am The Wind" is not played over the credits. A new song, "Mournful Serenade", is used instead. Some sound effects have also been altered.

The game's English script has been re-translated and re-recorded with new voice acting. The prologue text is slightly altered and is narrated by a voice over. The game has the option of using the original Japanese voices. Some enemy voices, such as Axe Lord and Medusa, were not redubbed and retain their original Japanese voices on both language settings. There are also some subtle changes to item and enemy descriptions, and the Librarian's bestiary has been reorganized.

The PlayStation Portable version also introduces many new glitches, many that cause the game to freeze, especially with certain familiars activated.

Seems to me that the PsP version has a few more "extras", but because your playing it on that midget screen, I still don't approve!

The XBLA version is the original. It is a perfect port, cheesy lines intact. The only thing it is missing is 2 seconds of FMV of the castle.

The PSP version is like a director's cut. It has rerecorded lines and art to bring it in line with the new port of Rondo. Maria is added, but is way too cheap. Overall not enough is added to gloss over the new glitches.

I'd go with the XBLA version.