What did you play most recently?

Gryph

GTA IV. Managed to snag a copy despite no pre-order. Stocks criminally low here in the UK. Had to get one from local 24-hour supermarket (Tesco). Luckily enough I have a relative working there. Unbelieveably, for the size of the shop, it only received 28 copies of GTA, 14 per platform. Well I been playing form around 1am GMT and it's now 5.30am, sleep required.

To summarize.

- Done around 20-ish missions, all a breeze

- Vehicles handle more 'realistically'. You can't throw them around corners as easily now. Plus weather conditions like rain play a big factor. Takes a bit of getting used to

- Used little of the cover system so far but it plays pretty naturally

- Looks great on my generic 32" LCD at 1080i via HDMI

- NO pop-in, ups or outs that I have noticed. Even flying down tree-lined avenues at top speed in the middle of the day there was no frame-rate issues or anything. Smooth

- The non-existant load times are great. You just walk from indoors to outdoors and that's that. Keeps everything ticking along nicely

- Serious lack of bikes. A few of the Harley-esque ones but that's all I've seen so far

- Size-wise it's pretty much on a par with SA, but without all the crappy patches of empty countryside etc

- A lot was made of the vertical space but, being used to Crackdown, it's not come into play for me. Everything still plays pretty much at ground level, at least so far

- The phone is a great tool. Make dates, arrange Pool games in a quick call

- GPS is very useful too, and way-markers can be set to make journeys that much more direct

- Pressing B in Standard mode (in a car) will activate Cinematic camera. Not bad, but if you click the left stick beforehand then Cinematic mode becomes Slo-mo Cinematic mode, making for some great slow motion car wrecks, handbrake turns etc

- Handy mission re-try is activated by replying to a text message on your phone. You are then transported back to the location of that previous mission (Trip Skip)

Enjoyable so far. Cut scenes are much more immersive than before, and as always the music is great, this time with even more stations. That's about all I can think of for now.

Edited by gavin19

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GTA IV. Managed to snag a copy despite no pre-order. Stocks criminally low here in the UK. Had to get one from local 24-hour supermarket (Tesco). Luckily enough I have a relative working there. Unbelieveably, for the size of the shop, it only received 28 copies of GTA, 14 per platform. Well I been playing form around 1am GMT and it's now 5.30am, sleep required.

To summarize.

- Done around 20-ish missions, all a breeze

- Vehicles handle more 'realistically'. You can't throw them around corners as easily now. Plus weather conditions like rain play a big factor. Takes a bit of getting used to

- Used little of the cover system so far but it plays pretty naturally

- Looks great on my generic 32" LCD at 1080i via HDMI

- NO pop-in, ups or outs that I have noticed. Even flying down tree-lined avenues at top speed in the middle of the day there was no frame-rate issues or anything. Smooth

- The non-existant load times are great. You just walk from indoors to outdoors and that's that. Keeps everything ticking along nicely

- Serious lack of bikes. A few of the Harley-esque ones but that's all I've seen so far

- Size-wise it's pretty much on a par with SA, but without all the crappy patches of empty countryside etc

- A lot was made of the vertical space but, being used to Crackdown, it's not come into play for me. Everything still plays pretty much at ground level, at least so far

- The phone is a great tool. Make dates, arrange Pool games in a quick call

- GPS is very useful too, and way-markers can be set to make journeys that much more direct

- Pressing B in Standard mode (in a car) will activate Cinematic camera. Not bad, but if you click the left stick beforehand then Cinematic mode becomes Slo-mo Cinematic mode, making for some great slow motion car wrecks, handbrake turns etc

- Handy mission re-try is activated by replying to a text message on your phone. You are then transported back to the location of that previous mission (Trip Skip)

Enjoyable so far. Cut scenes are much more immersive than before, and as always the music is great, this time with even more stations. That's about all I can think of for now.

I guess you must be playing the PS3 version :D

Lol no. It appears the pirated/burned copies have more noticeable issues.

The only thing was that I hit a fixed post at full speed and the screen took a split second to catch up. I can honestly say that I have noticed no pop-in whatsoever.

The only thing was that I hit a fixed post at full speed and the screen took a split second to catch up. I can honestly say that I have noticed no pop-in whatsoever.

Really?!? That is good news then since I order the original copy of the game thru Play Asia :D

So, I'll bear with the pirated copy first then before the original copy arrived :)

Good to hear some still playing Bioshock. It truly is a world to "dive into". Every corner is worth to be seen.

Am on Hard, too. Hunting all extra stuff. Especially all items you can get from Cohen.

@Sisters. Press pause/options to see if you even have to gather some (icons on very bottom). If there are some left, you don't have to wait that long and Daddies find the mentioned creepy holes.

I hope you don't keep killing all Daddies you find. That will get uncomfortable on your ammo :) .

Bioshock on Hard - The revival thing kinda gets to me as it seems you can die without penalty so it leaves room for me to screw around, which I don't mind.

On xbox there is a "no revival achievement" if am right. But on PC it doesn't matter I think. First time on hard a needed the chambers, too. Less ammo than daddies wasn't that healthy to me round the docks levels :D .

Well finished Bioshock on hard. I didn't really have a problem with ammo as I found it easier just to whack people with the wrench if you have the wrench abilities. Otherwise, it was mainly shotgun and machine gun all the way. Flamethrower was good too and I didn't really use the crossbow and grenade launcher. Think the best part of that game was the camera though. Loved doing it. I got the good ending by saving the sisters and had a sliver of health beating the final boss because I screwed up by using crappy ammo first. Anyways, it was a pretty enjoyable game.

In other news, I'm jumping on the ship of Knights of the old Republic. Stopped back then and now trying it out again.

Both Knights of the Old Republic games were great. I've played through 'em a couple times each. I almost want to again.

I've been firing up some Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, and Super Robot Taisen Original Generations. CotM has me dieing a lot, the bosses just seem genuinely difficult to me, and while attempting to get some rare mecha in SRT I kinda flocked up and now I have this big pile of crap to work with. At least I'm only on normal mode.

?? details and a link, until then.. it's bs to my ears.

Just going by lots of comments on torrent sites. Also other problems like corrupted save games, unreadable disc errors. Probably most of them are down to bad burns but still, not good.