What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatal Frame 3 / Project Zero 3. Oh how I love that series.

finished it years ago but wanted to replay it because it's ultimately the scariest game of all time, but.. ffs, why hasn't anyone undub it yet, if I know how I would of done so myself. But man, I wanted to play it again in it's native language(japanese) with english sub.

I still don't understand why the Japanese language is SO awesome that people have a desire to untranslate things. A lot of the stuff I watch is in Japanese with subtitles just because it's all that's available, and I'm okay with that, there's nothing wrong with some subtitles, but why do you hate English so much that you have to remove translations?

Most recent game was Wario Land 4. It was good, but a bit on the short side. Other games include Shining Soul 2, which was hard, and Sins of a Solar Empire, which is pretty good, but I haven't played it enough to give it a solid opinion yet.

Fatal Frame 3 / Project Zero 3. Oh how I love that series.

man those games scare my pants off. I wasn't even able finish 1 or 2. didn't even bother with 3 cuz I figured I'd not finish it either. I read somewhere that there are sounds in the soundtrack in Fatal Frame that the unconscious mind finds disturbing and uncomfortable. thus the reason its so damn scary.

Royal Rumble on the SNES. I played this to death all those years ago. Extremely basic and limited by today's standards. Well, I assumed this because the last wrestling game I played was WCW/NWO on the N64 which wasn't much more advanced.

I went and got a copy of the latest WWE game just to compare and it is a world apart. The control system is going to take some getting used to though. I'll have to dig out RR on the DC, I know I have it here somewhere.

Which is the best of the modern wrestling games with a Royal Rumble feature, aside from Smackdown vs Raw 08?

I still don't understand why the Japanese language is SO awesome that people have a desire to untranslate things.

For me, it's about hearing games, shows, movies etc. in their native language. It 's really not so much about loving a particular language. I could probably say that no matter how good an english (or any other language) dub might be, the original language simply sounds more natural (i.e. flows better) to my ear.

I don't know, must be because I've grown up watching TV with subtitles, not dubbing. On the japanese as a language, it sounds very much like Finnish on occasion, so that might explain some part of my fancy for it, who knows.

Inky: Finished both the first one and the second. Truly scary stuff, although the first one kinda pales in comparison to the rest. Review of 3 coming later this evening.