What did you play most recently?

Gryph

This isn't much of an RPG, it's more of a turn based strategy game. I like the combat because you control every movement of your character which other RPGs don't have. I played Ogre Battle a long time ago but the combat system isn't like Vandal Hearts though. Are there any games that let you move your character across a grid with different heights and stuff like that?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't much of an RPG, it's more of a turn based strategy game. I like the combat because you control every movement of your character which other RPGs don't have. I played Ogre Battle a long time ago but the combat system isn't like Vandal Hearts though. Are there any games that let you move your character across a grid with different heights and stuff like that?

Well, everything I mentioned from the PS2. Although Phantom Brave has a "semi-grid". of sorts.

Hoshigami and FFTactics have grids IIRC.

K`: Yes, very much so.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3... Don't laugh, that crap is fun.

Also some D&D (3.5 edition), with actual books and dice. Haven't done that in a while. The DM started us at level 10, which meant character creation took like 80000 hours. There's just too much crap to keep track of in the D20 system. That said, it's good fun.

SRPGS for the WIN!

Sweet, there was a chink in gryph's anti-eastern-rpg armor! These days, strategy RPGs are better on the whole anyway (when it comes to eastern rpgs).

Uniracers. This game is just pure awesome.

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Uniracers rocks.

Edited by Daeval

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3...  Don't laugh, that crap is fun.

It truly is.

Half-Life 2. Damn those Striders are so cool but real bitches to take down... Come on, Valve expects me to scrap 3-4 of them just to get out of the courtyard? God damn ridiculous, and I'm running out of rockets.