What did you play most recently?

Gryph

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few nights ago I played some Beyond Good & Evil. That game rocks.

And I just played "5 Chapters of Calculus in 2 nights." I'm longing for some GTA4 or Silent Storm or some such, but I have to beat the test which is the final boss before I have time for anything else. :P

Gary Grigsby's World At War

It's like Axis and Allies on steroids. I'm still not entirely sure if I like it or not, but I'm leaning towards "It's cool, but it's not for me."

The graphics are awesome and kind of fresh, especially for a turn-based war sim. There also appears to be a lot of depth to it, though I'm afraid I'm missing most of it. There are about 6 numbers that all seem to boil down to "do I have enough to build an infantry here or not?" There are seemingly minor interface issues (pop ups that give vital information, but also get in your way, etc) that bog it down slightly as well.

Combat "animations" are boring as hell, and any player who values his sanity will turn them off immediately. This isn't a big deal, as individual combats aren't really the point.

The game tries to be historically accurate to a fault, simulating the complex diplomacy of the time with a variety of country-specific rules. Maybe I just didn't understand the system enough, but it seemed like there was very little room to change the course of history. Accurate or not, I found this sucked a lot of fun out of "what if" situations. This effects some countries more than others - Russia and the USA have to wait for attacks before they can go on the offensive, while China is so bogged down by attempts at historical accuracy that they are hardly worth playing at all.

If you love Axis & Allies, you have to at least give this a shot. But I would recommend that anyone who's at all interested play the demo before they buy.

God of War. Really overrated game.

Just slash slash  and slash.

I still want to try it for myself, but I'm somehow relieved to finally hear this from someone. Brings it back to reality somehow.

I still want to try it for myself, but I'm somehow relieved to finally hear this from someone. Brings it back to reality somehow.

And yeah, it sells sex. As usual, sex sell, especially to under-aged kids. They blantantly show off boobies, as if it is part of the Greek culture........(it is the Greek culture, I think :( )

Anyway, I will sum it up as a DMC wannabe.

Graphically, this is one cool dude. Gameplay wise, been there done that. In fact, most of the monster can be killed with just the few combos that you can learn. There are no special needed :P

So, slash away. Now, let me get back to DW5 which is also slash and slash but with better feeling on it :P

And yeah, it sells sex. As usual, sex sell, especially to under-aged kids. They blantantly show off boobies, as if it is part of the Greek culture........(it is the Greek culture, I think :( )

Anyway, I will sum it up as a DMC wannabe.

Graphically, this is one cool dude. Gameplay wise, been there done that. In fact, most of the monster can be killed with just the few combos that you can learn. There are no special needed :P

So, slash away. Now, let me get back to DW5 which is also slash and slash but with better feeling on it :P

That was my impression from the ads and reviews: That they might be riding the rockstar wave and trying to sell the game based on nudity and voilence, while shirking gameplay to a large degree. I guess I'll have to rent it, if the rental stores even carry it.