What did you play most recently?

Gryph

Just received my Full THrottle but no sound on XP:(

Gotta find the sound patch.........

There is no "official" fix for this well-known problem, however, there is a solution.

You'll want to get ScummVM. It's basically an emulator for the Scumm engine - the one used by LucasArt's adventure games like Full Throttle. Using that, FT (and others) should have nice sound in XP, as well as a slightly nicer save/load interface, etc.

The easiest way to use ScummVM seems to be to copy the game's data files to your hard disk and forget about the CD. The website has a list of files you'll need to copy for each game. Then, just start up ScummVM, point it to the game's data directory, and fire it up.

Once you're in the game, hit F5 for the menu. There are quick-save keys and stuff too, if you're into that.

Once ScummVM is configured, you can make shortcuts directly to games (so you don't have to start ScummVM every time) using the emulator's shorthand code for a game, like so:

C:\ScummVM\scummvm.exe ft

Where "ft" is Full Throttle's abbreviation (they're listed in the emu).

And since we're on the subject, I made an icon for FT since I didn't like the default one. It's of the flaming skull icon and is attached to this post.

Thanks for the info, and that is a very nice icon. I think I'll use it too :P

EDIT: it works! Hehehe, a really great game with great music :D

Edited by L.S.D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twisted Metal: Head on for PSP

of the three games I have for the PSP: twisted metal, wipeout and darkstalkers. I really enjoy all of them. but wipeout is the best so far. gonna get lumines and hotshots golf if it is out this weekend. then I'll slow down on game purchases. gotta catch up on my xbox games, still have to get splinter cell 3 and red ninja.

Twisted Metal: Head on for PSP

of the three games I have for the PSP: twisted metal, wipeout and darkstalkers. I really enjoy all of them. but wipeout is the best so far. gonna get lumines and hotshots golf if it is out this weekend. then I'll slow down on game purchases. gotta catch up on my xbox games, still have to get splinter cell 3 and red ninja.

Make sure you check out red ninja before you buy. The reviews were TERRIBLE (3s out of 10s) in the few places I've seen them.

yeah I read some reviews, and seen a feature on xplay about red ninja...... too bad, I was hoping it would be good. it's off my radar now. speaking of xplay.. has anyone seen that techtv show "cheat" the chick that hosts that show is hot. but like xplay the content isn't much to get exited about.

anyways

Darkstalkers: chronicles the chaos tower

pretty good! I don't have any complaints about the controls like I've heard other people have. the tower mode is nice, something alittle different.

Just finish Full Throttle. I might come up with a review soon.

Testing WOW offline right now. Pretty amazing for an MMORPG.

It might entices me to join online :P I'm still waiting for the Asia server to up on Oct and see what is the price ^_^

Silent Storm.

It's a WW2 tactical strategy rpg, sort of, with a little twist in the history (which it doesn't overtly mention until it happens, so I won't spoil it). It's a ton of fun, but it has a few problems. Maybe I'll write a review.