bsnes v0.0.003 WIP1 Released

olaf

Byuu has been hard at work on his Super NES emulator. Below is a quotation of what he's said about this version (the WIP) on his site.

- Today, I fixed quite a few things. First was an issue with VRAM reads, I wasn't copying the reads to a buffer, instead I was returning the immediate results. This caused a lot of issues, resulting in screen sections appearing to move to the left as things were drawn / redrawn.

- Next, I fixed the sprites to start on scanline 1 instead of 0. Fixes paths clearing in Super Mario World. On the same line, I fixed the clipping of windows and color windows to be pixel perfect. I also removed the top scanline from the display (and two scanlines from interlaced modes 5/6). There's still a strange issue where every few hundred frames, there's one frame of garbled data. I also optimized the renderer by removing multiple passes over layers for each priority, and implemented a z-buffer instead. Sadly, there's no noticeable speed increase as a result.

- I also modified $4210 reads to not transition the NMI pin from low to high until the register is read twice. I don't know if this is the correct behaviour, but it does allow my Der Langrisser translation that relies on $4210 to work.

- I also fixed a bug where SRAM was not being written to a file when not in debug mode.

- Official Homepage