DS or PSP

Mag

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DS all the way.

Im not hating on the PSP....it will do fine. The screen is beautiful, SONY does make excellent monitors/screens n such.

But the fact is, i wanna try something different. That is what the DS is all about. Plus, i dont wanna wait for a game to load. Portable is all about quick gameplay, save the loading times for Consoles.

If i wanna watch movies, i can get a Movie player for my SP or DS. If i wanna play my mp3's, i just use my songpro for my gameboy.

As for who will dominate the portable market, Nintendo already has a Big headstart IE: Gameboy.

Honestly, both DS and PSP will do well, but neither will dominate.

I guess the choice really comes down to graphics power vs novelty.

IMHO, if the choice was going to be PSP vs GBA the PSP would walk all over the GBA in sales, but because of the touch-screen on the DS (and also the fact that Nintendo has a big fan base of portables-players), the race could well be neck and neck.

I've actually checked out 4ch again. Battery time is indeed 6 hours, without full screen brightness and wifi disabled with RR.

Again, they solved the PSP battery issue. As much as it looks, even if PSP has poor launch titles (pffft.. doesn't seem like it) as a reflection to the DS launch, it still outrun Nintendo during the first sale just like the DS. DS was sold out worldwide not because of the launch titles, but were impress of what DS is capable of doing.

Problem is though, your playing at normal conditions, without fullscreen brightness, wifi disabled and medium volume. It isn't the full picture. It's 4 hours WITH Brightness and volume maxed out and Wifi enabled.

Problem is though, your playing at normal conditions, without fullscreen brightness, wifi disabled and medium volume. It isn't the full picture. It's 4 hours WITH Brightness and volume maxed out and Wifi enabled.

What's wrong with playing it while it's plugged into a socket?

Nothing wrong with it when it's socketed(unless you get one of the models that have problems turning on), i'm talking about it being battery run.

What's wrong with playing it while it's plugged into a socket?

hahha im guessin that wont make it portable. id be happy if the PSP battery life will be stable, regardless if ur using all the capabilities or not....i dont wanna have a list of things i should or i shouldnt do if i wanna see how long my battery will last....but hey, energy doesnt laugh forever so that powerplug sounds like a good idea to me..