DS or PSP

Mag

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a DS owner, I must say, I'm impressed with the DS, but the startout is pretty rough, not many good titles to choose from. As we all know Nintendo is the king of making people wait. DS measured almost the exact size of the GBA (not SP), easy to carry, very light, good power supply. Great fun with the stylus, it's something you will enjoy over the christmas holiday.

now..

Although after so much reading and watching countless promotion and vids of both PSP hardware and its games, it made me drool, I can't stand the fact playing a crappy version of Ridge Racer (DS) comparing the gorgeous PSP Ridge Racer with unbelievable graphics and lighting, it dazzle me and put the DS into shame ALOT. Not only that, the PSP is smaller than DS/GBA in diameters. The battery problem seems to be kept in a so-so rate, most of the PSP games will be last to 6 hours of gameplay (while few uses alot more, but too much), doesn't stop the impressiveness. There are many more to talk about the PSP, and since the PSP has already launched in Jap, this seems to be a big competetor to the DS. Watch out Nintendo !!

Now the verdict.

which one would you prefer and why ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PSP for me. I have to admit that there's a little SONY fanboy in me, but that being said, I'm also very pro-Nintendo.

Now, there has been a lot of bitching and moaning about the battery life of the PSP... I don't see what the big deal about it. I get sick in the car if I try to read or play or whatever. My summer cottage has electricity and outlets, so I can recharge it when the need arises.

In short, to this day I haven't even played my Gameboy at a place where I couldn't reharge the thing. The same thing will apply to the PSP if I ever buy it.

Besides, the design and the graphics of the PSP is absolutely tit. :lol:

Edited by Agozer

i will be getting a psp the graphics just demolish the ds and the launch titles are nothing to scoff at for the psp. the ds had absolute crap titles for launch im sad to say, and i like nintendo. but i think sony has made a pretty good contender in the handheld market. the thing that im waiting for nintendo to pull out of their hat is the new gameboy since the DS is not supposed to be the succesor to the gameboy which leads me to wonder are they gonna step backwards in the graphic dept or what.

PSP only cause I'm a sony fan even though a lot of their products are defective at times :/

I dunno, IMO, Sony systems had much more better games in a sense that it kind of has more companies on its side.

Well I'm not getting either but hell, A psp would be cool :lol:.

Well, im getting PSP for the soul purpose that it is online with fighting games like DarkStalkers and Bleach coming with it. Not a bad portable system and it gets released a week before my birthday, thanks mom and dad. :lol: