Hdd for Ps2

Texas

Okay, hmm, i want to get a hdd drive for my ps2, i was wondering is this the correct one to buy,

http://www.modchipstore.com/customer/produ...productid=16189

about how many games could i strore in it, and is this the cheapest ican get it?

Also what else could i do with the harddrive? store movies, and songs, or is that only for the X-box?

Depends on how big the hdd is. The offical sony one is 40 GB, but you can fit a 120GB IDE HDD too, just need the software to format the drive to Sony's format.

Format using by aquiring those special discs (as seen in his link) to format on the PS2 ONLY. The PS2 won't read Fat-16 to 32 nor NTFS (or any other format other then Sony's). The Limit on the PS2 hard drive space is 132 GB (Like a PC without it's bios updated to see past it).

wait, so this comes with the HDD, the software, and a slide card in case i need it, so all i have to do is pop the disc in and HDD into my already purchased network adaptor and i dont need a mod chip, and i can copy games, for 150 DOLLARS!??!?!

i am going to buy this very soon if that is the case.

Small shiet PStwos just come with a built in network adapter. No HDD, nor HDD plugin(YET!)

If you want the hdd, you need to some how get those external usb ones to work, or get an old skool PS2.