Security problems!

somehow my idiot brother get's passed my windows password or finds it out cuz I changed it and he still got passed it... what can I do to stop him from accesing my pc? would a bios pass do the trick? how about when I leave it opened with a screen saver pass can he get passed that?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somehow my idiot brother get's passed my windows password or finds it out cuz I changed it and he still got passed it... what can I do to stop him from accesing my pc? would a bios pass do the trick? how about when I leave it opened with a screen saver pass can he get passed that?

Do you have a password on your "Administrator" account?

on my own account yes... the administrator account wich I reckon is the one that appears during safe mode is on the default password

Yeah, that's the one. You should try changing both passwords (the admin one, and yours).

I use to use that trick on my roomie all the time -- change his password from the unpassword protected admin account on his computer.

Well, you could punch him in the face every time you see him on your computer :ph34r:

I guess all I have to say is give it a try, what have you got to lose?

I get it.

Why not add more passwords? There are programs out there that will allow you to have your computer locked with even more passwords when it's turned on or even coming back from standby.