Arrests Made Near D.C. Over Modded Game Consoles

Gryph

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompa...08100947_newsml

Authorities arrested two store employees on charges of conspiracy to commit copyright infringement and conspiracy to traffic in a device that circumvents technological protection measures, the ESA said.

And...

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/12/08/feds_...dc_gaming_.html

They were also preloading the XBox systems with tons of emulators (arcade and console) and as many ROMs as they could find. I watched a customer walk in and ask about a specific original GameBoy game - the employee immediately fired up a GameBoy emulator with the appropriate ROM right there on the demo XBox and handed the customer the controller to play with. I was shocked.

What a bunch of morons... selling modded consoles and expecting to get away with it.

what retards.... who would do such a stupid thing. I mod xboxes for people but i wouldnt sell them in the public specialy with games in it.... also i hear they were charging 500 bucks... screw that they need to go to jail.

tbh I don't see the appeal of anime but I noticed your small clip and was intrigued. What is it from?

Merci beaucoup!

:devilboy::(

EDIT - Answer me!! or I shall bomb u!! please.

EDIT 2 - Thankyou BSX

Edited by G19

They were arrested for "conspiracy to commit copyright infringement and conspiracy to traffic in a device that circumvents technological protection measures" which means for selling modded XBOXes. And they also had full XBOX games on them too.