D-Link Unveils First Gigabit Gaming Router

D-Link, the global leader in consumer network connectivity, today announced the industry's first Gaming Router. The new D-Link GamerLounge wireless router features D-Link GameFuel technologies, a new intelligent packet processing engine integrated directly on the router, giving online games precedence for bandwidth over all other Internet applications, email and FTP transfers. The D-Link GamerLounge wireless router is also the first router to brandish four 1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports with up to 108Mbps 802.11g wireless connectivity for blazing fast LAN party and WLAN connections. Optimized for PC, Xbox and PlayStation2 games, the D-Link GamerLounge wireless router provides gamers with increased control to maximize online performance for the ultimate "no lag" gaming experience.

Price and Availability

The D-Link DGL-4300 GamerLounge Gaming Router will be available in mid December through authorized retail, reseller and distribution partners at $179.99 MSRP. The wired version, the D-Link DGL-4100 GamerLounge Broadband Gaming Router, will also be available in mid December through authorized retail, reseller and distribution partners at $149.99 MSRP.

My school is definitely going to get this, there's even been preliminary talk of it in our intranet. I don't have an opinion about myself, since our school network is already fast.

Actrully That Looks Liek A Pretty Good Price, Would really Like One, But Then Agian, Its Not Needed For Me Cuz Most Of My Friends Aren't In To Computer Gaming.

Actually, I'm going to wait for some benchmarks on Anandtech and other sites to see if this is actually worth it. If the speed increase is only 10% then it's pointless since LANs are fast as hell anyway.