Survey:Net filesharing doesn't hurt most musicians

Most sensible people download music and if they like them they buy it.

Like I might buy the weezer albums bcuz I just like them and they have good songs and I'll support them

same here but too bad most people that download songs don't buy the cd even if they like it

Well a surprising amount of people do. Its same philosophy as games. many ppl download games, but hell they buy it if they like it. Even Deviance and Razer buy the games with their own money. Its just to support the game and also to get a cd key.

Plus downloading doesn't mean that it will always be in the bestest quality B)

Hmm...really, that's interesting. I'd never have guessed that they'd be buying legitimate copies.

Thats probably cause u haven't been reading the readme.txt files both of them include in their torrents :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most sensible people download music and if they like them they buy it.

Like I might buy the weezer albums bcuz I just like them and they have good songs and I'll support them

same here but too bad most people that download songs don't buy the cd even if they like it

Well a surprising amount of people do. Its same philosophy as games. many ppl download games, but hell they buy it if they like it. Even Deviance and Razer buy the games with their own money. Its just to support the game and also to get a cd key.

Plus downloading doesn't mean that it will always be in the bestest quality B)

Hmm...really, that's interesting. I'd never have guessed that they'd be buying legitimate copies.

Thats probably cause u haven't been reading the readme.txt files both of them include in their torrents :P

I only skim the readmes for installation instructions.

But I'm sure I have a deviance.nfo somewhere on my PC, I'll take a look.

I'd say the average band (sub- unknown) makes almost nothing from record sales, the tour and swag is where the money comes from for them. and since I anly listen to mostly unknown non mainstream bands it's really hard to get ahold of discs anyways. I always support my fav bands any way I can though, usually by going to a show and spending money at thier merch counter. but if I happen to find a disc from a band I like I get it whether I have the MP3s or not

Good games and developers houses need to be supported. When I still had my older rig, I pirated games simply to check if that game would run on my older-than-stoneage system.

If it did, and the game was very enjoyable, I'd go out and buy it.

Well, it's the same for me. I download a game, an album - and if i like it i buy it. I think that's the only method to get good games or good music today. Just have a look how many junk gets produced...

I have discovered music that I never would have even given a moment of my attention to had it not been for file sharing. It's like a friend tells me, "try this song by this band" and I download it. If I like 4 or 5 songs from the same album, I go out and buy it.

File sharing has broadened my music boundaries. I used to just listen to rock, then I found metal and the heavier stuff, and now I have found underground techno and electronica, and Beyonce!!!

OMFG!! Beyonce!!! Ewww!!! Gross!!!! Uptight singer lover...

She sucks, she's so flocking annoying!!! She acted like an ass when angelina jolie go the hottest woman of the year award, cuz she thought she deserved it, but she didn't deserve squat, the biatch, she think that if she can sing then everybody must bowdown to her... But Angelina could kick her ass anyday and do another movie while she's at it..