dead or alive emulation

still no joy. it opens a dos window and it closes straight away. what am i doing wrong?

ZiNc natively uses the command line for running games; this doesn't mean that it's a DOS program. If you're unfamiliar with the command line (I suggest you read the Readme), get Aldo's frontend from http://www.aldostools.com

i have zinc0.9. i can play soul edge and rival schools fine but when i transfer the roms over to zinc101 none of them work. do i need newer roms? also dead or alive doesnt work on either and die hard isnt even showwing up. sorry if im getting anoying

ZiNc 1.0 and versions past that use MAME sets.

You try auditing the roms yourself.  Get ZinGui to scan your rom files, and all you have to do is rename the files inside the zip to get it working again. 

At least thats what i did and it worked.

While that works for some sets, it doesn't work for all sets ( at least, didn't work for me, but I might have screwed up somewhere).

Edited by Agozer

so ur saying that mame can emulate stuff that Zinc can too?? if that's true then i guess mame is good

so ur saying that mame can emulate stuff that Zinc can too?? if that's true then i guess mame is good

MAME has emulated those games longer than ZiNc has. Now when I say "emulated", I don't mean much by that.