Best Arcade Stick For Xbox/PC?

Alpha

Well..I don't have an XBOX anymore, but I do have a controller adaptor that allows me to use XBOX controllers on my PC. So I was looking at the arcade stick and have been saving up for some leisure time in playing some more classics on my pc.

Which Arcade Stick do you think is the best for me to buy since I am on a very tight budget and low on money...

X-Fighting Stick (Cosmo) US$ 29.90

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2a-70-2nd.html

VS.

Fighting Stick Ex (Hori) US$ 59.95

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=&products_id=6092

VS.

Street Fighter Arcade Stick PS2/XBOX US$ 59.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246238.asp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's What I Have To Say About THe Sticks

X-Fighting Stick (Cosmo)

Has The Jap Style Ball Top Stick Whick Annoys Me. BUT It Has A Great Layout For CPS Games, NeoGeo Games And 2 Button MAME Games Compared To The Others.

Fighting Stick Ex

All Of The Buttons Is Arched, So It Wont Give A CPS Gaming Feel, And Tthe "A" Button Is Too High So No NeoGeo Feeling There, And That Jap Style Stck, You'll Like It If You Like To Go To ASian Areas And Use The Arcades They Have

Street Fighter Arcade Stick

Better Because Of The Non-Ball Stick, But THe Buttons Are Too CPS-y.

So I Say Get The X-Fighting Stick

If you are going to get an aftermarket stick, just stick with Hori stuff. They use real Sanwa arcade parts which have a quicker throw and the joysticks have faster trigger times than the traditional US joysticks. Cosmo is pretty much like Nuby as their joysticks have crap parts. I have never played on a single good Nuby controller/joystick, so I am not too hyped to try the SF style joystick. It simply boils down to preference, but Hori sticks are always good arcade quality.

well i have my eyes on nuby's arcade since it works with both consoles i own (ps2/xbox).

i like hori sticks as well as i had one for ps1 (the rare namco stick) and it was great but i'm not a fan of the ball joystick and i mostly used it for fighting games which the ball doesn't feel right to me but worked well when it came to classics like ms.pac-man heh

The Hori Real Arcade sticks have the screw on tops so you could order a bat style handle if that's what you prefer. I would assume these are probably the same since most of their new joysticks seem to use this. Or you could always just mod an existing joystick with some cheap X-arcade parts.

just wondering if anyone ever tried Universal Real Arcade Stick by Pelican?

i read a few ppl use this stick to modify it for arcade cab but i'm wondering how well it is for its price. (39-50 bucks)

Edited by Prican25

Xarcade or Hori. Both are good in my opinion. I have 2 Nuby ones also, and the sticks handle like crap, too stiff. Responsive, but stiff.

Edited by K`dash

Pelican Real Arcade sticks aren't that bad. You can get a really nice case for 40 bucks and a good JAP style layout. Somewhere down the line though, I would still replace the buttons with Happ competition buttons. The actual joystick isn't that bad, but the buttons feel really cheap. Still a really good price for 40 bucks if you can cope with not having arcade perfect stuff.

yeah i think i'm gonna get the Pelican Real Arcade stick since its only $39.99 at gamestop which is local to me.

i kinda figure the buttons would be the drawback but hell i'm willing to change them if i can find the buttons for cheap :P

Check out gumby's auctions on ebay. This guy ships fast and is really good on prices. Not to mention he always seems to have every color convex button ready for bulk order even when the official happ site doesn't. Used him quite a few times and never had bad dealings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...6137926701&rd=1

well i just bought the Pelican Real Arcade Stick and odd enough when i went to the store they had 2 versions of it but from the looks of it, they made a smaller version as the other one was quite big and both supported all 3 consoles so i just chosse the smaller one.

off bat the one thing i didn't like about it was the buttons which have an annoying click. joystick does it as well but the buttons sound worse heh.

not bad stick as is for $42 total but i'm definitely gonna get some happ competition buttons and possibly the joystick as well.