SF controller

Inky

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pads do work with a PS2 to Xbox converter.  I use mine on Capcom Vs. SNK 2 on Live all the time.  It's an excellent controller although it seems a bit to thick to me.  But the D pad is dead on and you can't beat the 6-button face layout.

It might be worth mentioning what brand of PS2/Xbox converter you have? I know I'm interested in these, and knowing I coudl make them work on an XBox would be a selling point.

The remaining ones look to be Vega and yeah, probably Evil Ryu (Guile, Sagat, Cammy, and Bison already mentioned). I'll probably wait for Guile and Bison if I decide to get them, though there's somethign appealing about having Ken and Ryu. Damn the ghost of the collector in me.

Also, does anyone know if they work with PS2 to PC converters? And how big/thick are they, roughly?

Eww, and the control pads are a solid piece.. Anyone know if they roll a half-circle as well as a fighter pad should? Half circles on an X-Box pad, for example, suck.

Yeah, the solid piece D-pads are a pain in the arse. Harder to do motions on them. Anything similar to the PS D-pad is good.

The pads do work with a PS2 to Xbox converter.  I use mine on Capcom Vs. SNK 2 on Live all the time.  It's an excellent controller although it seems a bit to thick to me.  But the D pad is dead on and you can't beat the 6-button face layout.

It might be worth mentioning what brand of PS2/Xbox converter you have? I know I'm interested in these, and knowing I coudl make them work on an XBox would be a selling point.

The remaining ones look to be Vega and yeah, probably Evil Ryu (Guile, Sagat, Cammy, and Bison already mentioned). I'll probably wait for Guile and Bison if I decide to get them, though there's somethign appealing about having Ken and Ryu. Damn the ghost of the collector in me.

Also, does anyone know if they work with PS2 to PC converters? And how big/thick are they, roughly?

Eww, and the control pads are a solid piece.. Anyone know if they roll a half-circle as well as a fighter pad should? Half circles on an X-Box pad, for example, suck.

Yeah, the solid piece D-pads are a pain in the arse. Harder to do motions on them. Anything similar to the PS D-pad is good.

Have you used these SF controllers or are you saying this as a (very true) general statement?

I haven't used the SF controller, but I'm very familiar with D-pad designs like that. Seems a lot of the crappy controllers have the solid d-pad (sidewinder, logitech etc) and they're frustrating to use. Off course I can't make a fair judgement from just a picture.

The best thing to do what be to get your hands on any controller before you buy it, to get the feel of how it plays. Or at least sites could provide a video review of controllers highlighting the pros and cons.

It's the looks like the same type of Dpad the Guilty Gear X Controller(which was pretty good imo). I'll look into it to hopefully today when I pick up a new used ps2.

thats really the point...street fighter fans, as far as i know loved the saturn controllers. well, street fighter saturn owners i guess haha. and its good that its big, i have big ass hands and i can never play a fightin game with controllers like GC, or the portables. x-box, DC, and saturn had great controllers for fighting games. ps2 is ok...these sf controllers should do the work...