Christmas

ken_cinder

i hate how people complain about it being religious... when its called christmas for christ sake.. if u dont believe in christ then why do u even bother with christmas?.... its like celebrating hanukkah when your not a jew then complaing about it being religious lol.

Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday, iirc. Also, Jesus was born in the fall, not winter. Though I see your point. Christmas isn't really religious anymore anyway.

when was christmas a pagan holiday? anyways every christian knows that jesus wasnt born in on december 25th... the fact is we have no idea. So we just picked a day in the middle of the winter to make people celebrate his birth even though it wasnt his birth day but just a day out of the year to celebrate it anyways. Also how can u say its not a religious holiday anymore when most people go to church on christmas then anyother day... haha kinda funny how people can be...

It's not religous anymore because so many non-religous people celebrate it. And most people really do think Jesus was born on December 15th. Why else would the shows depicting his birth be filled with snow? And don't quote me on the Pagan holiday thing, but I heard it somewhere.

Edit: I guess G just covered the whole Pagan thing. And Santy Claws is something to fear. I mean, he knows when you're sleeping and awake? Wtf? Talk about invasion of privacy. Santa Claus is just something parents use to keep kids under control during the holidays.

Edited by LordKanti

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Santa Claus was invented by Coca Cola (well not literally, but the incarnation in which he lives in the north pole making toys with his elves and delivering them on reindeer WAS invented ny Coca Cola).

i hate how people complain about it being religious... when its called christmas for christ sake.. if u dont believe in christ then why do u even bother with christmas?.... its like celebrating hanukkah when your not a jew then complaing about it being religious lol.

Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday, iirc. Also, Jesus was born in the fall, not winter. Though I see your point. Christmas isn't really religious anymore anyway.

when was christmas a pagan holiday? anyways every christian knows that jesus wasnt born in on december 25th... the fact is we have no idea. So we just picked a day in the middle of the winter to make people celebrate his birth even though it wasnt his birth day but just a day out of the year to celebrate it anyways. Also how can u say its not a religious holiday anymore when most people go to church on christmas then anyother day... haha kinda funny how people can be...

The Babylonians celebrated something about the Goddess of Nature on Dec. 25 which included big feasts, gift giving, and just being Merry. And also during Europe before the supposed birth of Christ, there were such festivities like Yule which was celebration of Mithras, the Sun God. Hell, even Easter has pagan roots since it comes from the word Eostra, goddess of Spring, who was celebrated at that time of the year.

But even so, it's still a Christian religious holiday. It's a flocking Day of Obligation and it's probably one of the only ones most Christians observe (probably without knowing it's a day of obligation)! That's why we don't celebrate it, my parents wouldn't want a whole bunch of Christians shitting all over our religious holidays by completely commercializing it. Actually, I wouldn't mind celebrating Hannukah since I like the Jewish faith the most, they have no Hell. :P

I think everyone should watch The Charlie Brown Christmas Special to learn the true meaning of Christmas.

also the ancient romans used to throw a big órgy for one whole day on the longest day in the year (which just happend to be christmas)

too bad we don't celebrate it like that today :(

Edited by Weirdanzeige

also the ancient romans used to throw a big órgy for one whole day on the longest day in the year (which just happend to be christmas)

uh.... dont the days get shorter in the winter and longer in the summer.... :lol:

Yeah, he got that wrong. They celebrated it on the shortest day of the year since after that the days grew longer which was tied to Mithras growing and getting more powerful.

uh.... dont the days get shorter in the winter and longer in the summer.... :lol:

Yeah, he got that wrong. They celebrated it on the shortest day of the year since after that the days grew longer which was tied to Mithras growing and getting more powerful.

oh yeah, my fault!

Strangely I THink One Ones Mentioned It,...

BUYING crap FOR PEOPLE!!!

Thats The Worste Thing.

yea one time i asked my mom for money so i could buy her own present

Hahaha... That's pretty low. :lol:

Did you know that some retail stores are not allowing the Salvation Army store front Santas to ring their bell and collect donations? That was like the only good part about Christmas now.

Edited by GryphonKlaw