PS3 / XBOX2 Madden and NFS Screens

I don't really know if I am happy with the advancement of graphics into photorealism; I kinda like my Dreamcast graphics and I would rather play that instead of XBOX 2 graphics... I'd rather feel assured that I am in reality, rather than constantly philosophise if I am really here or there, and if there is an in between... Hehe.

Anon.

The next gen of consoles might just be even with PCs! uh oh! what now!??! haha.

Well that happens every generation. Consoles are more powerful for like 5 to 6 months and then the next generation of PC graphics cards come out. Don't forget that the people who make the graphics processors for these consoles are the same ones that make them for PC. ;) We just get cards that are way more expensive than the entire console. :lol:

wardevil looks interesting. shiba don't worry console have to be in the 200 range to sell. sega, snk, and 3do taught the industry that the hard way. sony and microsoft will take a loss on consoles to keep the price down, they did with this gen too. I think microsoft still losses money on consoles

damn damn damn damn damn

This consoles are going to be like 500 dollars when they come out arent they?

Consoles will NEVER be that expensive. They won't sell to the majority of the console market. But it seems that the next generation are going to have multiple levels of their consoles with extra stuff and some of those might cost around $500.

i just thought of a cool idea, if these consoles are only like 300 dollars, we need to figure out how to get the GPU off it and into our PCs :lol:

ill probably save up for the more expensive model just because it would seem dumb not to. Unless i just couldnt wait any longer

and i was saying it would cost that much because current ub3r graphics cards like that are 600+ dollars, so how the heck are they gonna be able to spend that much money on each console?

Edited by Shibathedog

I don't really know if I am happy with the advancement of graphics into photorealism; I kinda like my Dreamcast graphics and I would rather play that instead of XBOX 2 graphics... I'd rather feel assured that I am in reality, rather than constantly philosophise if I am really here or there, and if there is an in between... Hehe.

Anon.

I was having the same sort of thoughts myself...photorealism is cool and all, but I like how computer-generated graphics look. Plus, we'd have to say goodbye to the infant art-form of machinimia.

Anon.

I was having the same sort of thoughts myself...photorealism is cool and all, but I like how computer-generated graphics look. Plus, we'd have to say goodbye to the infant art-form of machinimia.

Eh, that's still up to the developers. Just because a machine can do photoreal graphics doesn't mean that's ALL it can do. Heck, I'm sure it can still do sprites. Now, it's up to us (that's the fans) to let companies know that we don't want those other things to go out the window now that photoreal is getting closer. And we do that with our wallets.