AT LAST!

You’re sick of my arguments and I’m sick of posting messages to people who don’t understand them. It’s mutually beneficial if I just say “get reamed”, I’m not coming back.

I can’t believe it’s taken me almost a year to realise how futile this forum lark is. Messages read, disagreed with, then instantly banished deep into the realms of ‘page 2’. Even though I only viewed this forum for an hour a week on average, I feel like I’ve wasted an eternity. God-knows how it feels for you lot, you seem to be on it for hours upon hours. I’m stopping myself now before I descend further and further into the sadness and time-wasting of which Internet geeks are famed.

This is the first (and last) forum I ever joined and I only did because I was having trouble getting an emulator to work. Funnily enough, I only stayed because of the PC technical help, which was stupid. Like there aren’t hundreds of thousands of places to get help.

In the meantime I’ve discovered the true meaning of the expression; “It’s like talking to the wall”. I posted a few times out of my hatred for the western games industry in general and the magazines I read that continue to paint a rosy picture of it, I then proceeded to take this frustration out on a bunch of completely random forum guys whose opinion carries no weight at all with anyone. Why, I did this, I don’t know. But I saw the error of my ways about a month ago, and was planning on trying to ban myself, so I wouldn’t be tempted to come back and waste yet more of my time.

I wish I could say “it’s been fun” but, well, it’s been a complete chore, and damn all those people who constantly reply to posts solely to disagree with anything anybody else says. Some people will argue, for hours on end that the sky isn’t blue. Forums are a fantastic place to come into contact with them, I’ve found.

So, yes, you will be rid of me and I’m happy to say that I’m finally gonna be free of all of you. (apart from Gryphonklaw who’s been neutral about everything, which I respect)

Aaaahhhh. You feel that? It feels like a weight has been lifted.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are weird :flame:

But do feel free to come back if you like.

And we are here becos it is fun. We are not here for a serious

talk or discussion (well, not too serious, but we do talk on things like

Iraq War, or Bush etc etc).

Anyway, best wishes to you for the future :D

I don't think I've talked with him much, but doesn't it seem slightly odd for someone who's "leaving forever" to edit their message? (only because he's got a Seinfeld ava...) I mean, what's that all about?

Seriously, SNK, if you're reading this: the only thing I can say (because you sound disappointed, maybe in internet society or electronic communication as a whole) is that no-one meant to waste your time. Forums are just for shooting the sh**. Sometimes you meet people you intuitively like, sometimes you meet people you instinctively hate, sometimes you don't know why you're reading three pages of entry-level political debates you have in daily life anyway... mixed bag. The general character of people filters through, sometimes. These are OK folks here, with a fun hobby, and most of us simply need 10-20 minutes a day when it feels like we're being non-productive and conversational. We all have friends, but it's nice to go on-line without the risk of hearing 20 minutes of a sob story of how the boy in psych 415 didn't wink back... and if someone *does* bring it up, you can safely ignore it. You look for a topic to laugh at (or that sucks you in due to utter ignorance on the part of others), 10 minutes later you log out. That's it.

If you have somewhere else you need or would like to be, well, good luck. Keep playing the classics.

[sarcasm]

imma miss your threads  :D

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, no longer will we have such intense threads about who is the greatest video game wrestler of all time and debating whether or not a video game character uses real Judo moves.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

[sarcasm]

imma miss your threads  :D

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, no longer will we have such intense threads about who is the greatest video game wrestler of all time and debating whether or not a video game character uses real Judo moves or not.

Dont forget about comparing the Crazy Taxi cars to real cars...*sigh* :flame: