FBA XXXtreme djohng 12/26/04 Released!

djohng

xbins won't touch this due to the added banned roms

djohng i see you no longer using the 9/1 mame xbe but i find that a bit bad since gogo's latest releases are based on older sets due to the fact manto never gave him his source of all his fixes.

but if you happen to have fixed it to use the updated neogeo roms that would rock :(

I gave gogo the sources when i stopped (I made an update on the CVS server) but gogo didn't want to bother about updating roms so, since i was the one including the updated sets, when i left, there was no more up to date version of fbaxxx.

I'm always surprised how people can talk about things they have no clue about....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xbins won't touch this due to the added banned roms

djohng i see you no longer using the 9/1 mame xbe but i find that a bit bad since gogo's latest releases are based on older sets due to the fact manto never gave him his source of all his fixes.

but if you happen to have fixed it to use the updated neogeo roms that would rock :P

I gave gogo the sources when i stopped (I made an update on the CVS server) but gogo didn't want to bother about updating roms so, since i was the one including the updated sets, when i left, there was no more up to date version of fbaxxx.

I'm always surprised how people can talk about things they have no clue about....

you say you're surprised in what i said yet gogo himself even said he never got the source from you in x-s and his forum, do a search and you'll see for yourself :cheers:

hell, even thinking about it he mentioned it on the release after your last.

anyway, i'd just like to say merry christmas to all and welcome to emu1 manto B)

Edited by Prican25

Anyway, that don't really matter B). I didn't give him the sources directly, but i updated the CVS... But i'm not responsible for the outdated drivers :cheers:

Prican25, thanks for the welcome :rolleyes: and merry christmas to all members and visitors. :P

...but i updated the CVS... But i'm not responsible for the outdated drivers :)

Manto, It's great to see your online...I hope the work I'm doing on updating the drivers doesn't cause any concern for yourself or the other fba-xxx developers...if it does...I will not release my updates to the source code!

I'm doing the work for my boXcade cabinet and I'm just sharing the source/patches for anyone else.

Is there a CVS site like http://sourceforge.net, that I can submit the updated drivers, neopcm2, neotext, etc updates that I have completed on fba-xxx?

-thanks & Happy Holidays!

djohng

i have no problem with your work, and i'm also waiting for your sources release since i didn't have time to update my own versions with last mame update, busy with RL stuffs and other emu related projects (not on xbox for the time being)

for the updates, i suggest you submit them directly to gogo i'm sure he'll be glad to add them (and credit you for it of course) like he said on fbaxxx forums (in french so you might have missed it)

Since i'm not in the devteam anymore, i don't know if the CVS is still running but it was not a public CVS (Artik didn't setup a public one)

Edited by Manto

Released! - Time to kiss my kids goodnight and go to bed!~

See the first post for info.

-djohng

Just hoping I can have a pointer..

Just noticed FBAXXX2412 has been released as has your update djohng. I tried patching the 12/11 version with the patch inside and it didn't seem to work.

Just hoping you can say what version to use the patch on and if it needs to be prepatched with the normally unsupported patch 1st.

Tried a few combinations but no real joy.

Yours sounded like what I wanted as the roms are more along the mame ones whereas the FBAXXX ones seem to be weird versions that changed almost totally from the version before the 12/11 version??

I went from having a full set of roms to having almost pure series or red sets under ClrMamepro with the newer dat it made....

Thanks for the source code.

Btw, why don't you delete matrimah (supposedly AES hack), svcboss, svcplus & svcbl (bootlegs/hacks w/o bankswitching) because they don't come from bootleg carts, they 're only hacks.

It would be more interesting to replace them with svcboot, svcplus (the dump from the bootleg cart which has bankswitch), svcplusa & svcsplus (Super Plus).

Edited by Mr.X

Thanks for the source code.

Btw, why don't you delete matrimah (supposedly AES hack), svcboss, svcplus & svcbl (bootlegs/hacks w/o bankswitching) because they don't come from bootleg carts, they 're only hacks.

It would be more interesting to replace them with svcboot, svcplus (the dump from the bootleg cart which has bankswitch), svcplusa & svcsplus (Super Plus).

Why delete them? I can just add new ones in the source code and recompile?

If you have the correct CRCs for svcboot, svcplus (the dump from the bootleg cart which has bankswitch), svcplusa & svcsplus (Super Plus), adding them is simple.

-djohng

Just hoping I can have a pointer..

Just noticed FBAXXX2412 has been released as has your update djohng. I tried patching the 12/11 version with the patch inside and it didn't seem to work.

Why doesnt anyone read the text file with the release...you have your answer on what file needs patched!

-djohng