[12/1/04] Halo 2

Game: Halo 2

System: Xbox

Emulators: IN YOUR DREAMS.......

THIS CONTAINS SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!

halo2logo.jpg

"Halo 2 returns you to the role of the Master Chief - still humanity's best weapon against the Covenant. Their defeat at Halo was only temporary, and they are pursuing their goal - the complete obliteration of humankind - with renewed zeal. Human military forces are exhausted and unable to stave off the Covenant's rapid advance toward Earth. "

When Halo 1 came out i didnt really make a big deal outta it , it was a pretty good game. Soon i grew addicted , when halo 2 officially came out i was there at 12 midnight to get my copy. After waiting in line for about an hour , i got my limited edition halo 2 and went home.

This is my review..........

Halo 2 puts you in the shoes of the worlds hero , Master Chief Spartan 117 , one of the last spartans trained and enhaced to fight the covenant, many spartans died in battle , your are one of 6 left ( in halo 2 you seem to be the only one....way to go bungie ;) ) You have the option of also customizing your spartan or elite for mp.Once thats is done your ready to take down the enemys

halo2suit.jpg 1.5 tons of whoop ass!

Halo 2 begins right after Halo 1 after the master chief blows up Halo , a ring built by a mysterious group of people names forerunners , built to combat The Flood , a parasite that can take over bodies. You recieve a new combat suit to battle the covenant which have found earth. The united space corps have set up a battle cluster to destroy enemy ships. The 1st level gears you up to battle the covenant and protect the station you are currently on. Things start off with a bang , your aquire a battle rifle , 3 shot burst and 2x zoom , and a Uncased sub machine gun which can be duel wielded.

Your mission : protect earth at all costs and destroy any enemy in your way

However , you also play the role of the covenant , The arbeiter, a outcasted elite , which controlled the fleet of covie soldiers at halo. Your goal is to do the will of the prophets , the leaders of the covenant , however there are certain twists to the story that can suprise you.

smg.jpg 2 hands + 2 smgs = lots dead covenant

Halo 2 puts you through a variety of scenarios in each level , you wont get the samething every time you play. the levels are outstanding and extroadinary. From outer space , to earth , to towers and of course another halo. The enviorment is simply amazing , it is extremely detailed. The battlefield puts you and your fellow UNSC soldiers to battle with the covenant.

marines_small.gif The defenders of earth

Halo 2's graphics are simply beautiful, the world is expansive and vibrant. It has very nice bump mapping and shading.Lighting is awesome in halo 2. Its hard to explain ;) To sum up the graphics , they are great and better than ever.

h2_mp_03.jpg oooooo pretty....

The sound of halo 2 is the best ive seen so far. The music always seems to set the mood of game play.Gameplay sounds are extremly well done , from the bullets whizzing past your helmet , to the cry of a grunt , and the anger of an elite. Many famous actors also play the human soldiers , Michelle Rodriguez which starts in Thats 70'S SHOW did a great job playing her role.

WARTHOGMASTERCHIEF.jpg PIMP MY RIDE!

The gameplay of halo 2 has slightly changed from the 1st one. Additions include Duel wielding 2 weapons , steal vehicels , the energy sword, covenant carbine , smgs , battle rifle , brute shot ,sentinal beam, beam rifle , fuel rod , magnum pistol , smg , guass warthog and the wraith tank. good lord thats alot of crap :lol: Halo 2 seems to be more realistic than the last time , the sniper has more recoil and the smgs force your aim move up. Even ways of getting around have changed. Its no fun to walk all the time :thumbsup: Halo 2 offers new rides for you to get around. More viechels are driveable such as the wraith tank , which can deliver a large amount of damage.Getting around and shooting up some aliens never seemed so much fun :)

Co-op gameplay allows you to team up with your buddy. Offerring a lot of playback value.New enemies and improved ai are a new challange. The ai now thinks harder , calls for back , or sometimes even surrounds you in a pack! New enemys include Brutes and Drones.

The brutes are like a hybrid of a rhino and gorrilla. They actually grow furious and try to tackle you. Drones are the covenants buzzing insects which attack you from above. They can actually grow quite annoying.

brute_small.gif RAWR!

Multiplayer in halo 1 was great fun and offered lots of replay value , Halo 2 extended that feeling with its multiplayer. 13 levels are avaliable for multiplayer mayhem. Xbox live is a great edition to multiplayer. i personally love the hell outta of it. owning noobs has never been so much fun. Clans , Stats , and the people offer even more replay value. Halo 2's multiplayer is the best part of halo 2. Multiplayer has slight changes , movement seems a bit slower than usual. Boarding vehicels is also a neat feature in Mp and Sp , it also quite hilarious when a enemy is drive the warthog and your in the back shooting off the turret and they dont even notice. System link play is now even better allowing up to 16 xbox'x to connect to each other. Split screen plays really well but i personally love to have my own screen.Xbox live kinda take a good 30sec-2min to find a match , or if you make a party you can invite people into your party to have some fun rounds. Xbox live offers a variety of gaming options like Clan matches and ranked games.Youll be coming back for more.....i actually played live from 5pm to 1pm , addicting......

aLPHAPHOENIX.bmp my symbol

6.jpghaha pink........oh wait he has a sniper.......

Conclusion : This was a hard ass review to write.............sorry if its crappy , theres alot of grammar errors :( ,There are some part of halo 2 that were hard to explain and should be witnessed 1st hand , Halo 2 offers great replay value overall with mp and some parts of sp. There was alot of things taken out of the game such as the atv and the apoclypic earth i was hoping for. The ending is very crappy in my opinion but that shouldnt stop you from trying it out. The multiplayer alone is worth the $50. Halo 2 is the game for all xbox owners and is the best game yet on xbox.

P.S- please dont kill me

Controls: 10

Gameplay: 9.5

Graphics: 9.7

Sound: 10

Overall Score: 9.8

Grade: A B)

flood_juggernaut3.jpg

Dont wanna mess with me and my ANTI-SON-OF-A-B1TCH STICK!

Not bad. :thumbsup: Generally reviews aren't supposed to contain spoilers. ;)

It seems as this is an improvement from the first one but I'm in no hurry to get this game. :lol: Maybe if I had an XBOX then I probably would.

Edited by GryphonKlaw

Not bad. :thumbsup: Generally reviews aren't supposed to contain spoilers. ;)

It seems as this is an improvement from the first one but I'm in no hurry to get this game. :lol: Maybe if I had an XBOX then I probably would.

its kinda hard to review it without some spoilers lol

It deserves a 10 in my point of view, still, I can't believe Half Life 2 got a 9 in Game Pro Magazine and HALO 2 got a 10..., Halo 2 is my favorite FPS on a CONSOLE, Half life and its mods are my favorate on a computer, no offense, but the X-Box version of counterstrike was just a freaking clone with a control...pathetic in my opiniun...

Great review  :D

Kind enough to post your gamertag?  :fyou:

ILL NIN0 its a zero at the end instead of an o , i rarely get on since i dont have high speed but i do go to my friends house often and play over there and when i do i stay a looooong while hehe , hopefully we can play each other online some time :)

thanks for the support guys.......i might review prince of persia 2 :flame: