Brandnewbie today :) Seriously need help w/ svc

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ia ALL sorted out. You guys are the best. No Escape!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Didn't want to start a new topic, but I could use some help here, as I'm not sure what romset I have for this game. Also maybe someone can point me to where the ASR.DAT info would be for me to get this to work, or perhaps I need to rewrite all this to.bin?

Romset.gif

That's the SvC Plus bootleg set, that works in EGCG NeoRAGEx and Nebula (Kawaks too?). The only problem is that since it's a bootleg, it has numerous bugs. You can get fixes here. Read the accompanied Readme so that you know what files the patches alter and what they actually do.

Check the second-to-lat page in the pinned DATs thread for DAT information. Note that Kawaks Loader has ASR.DAT and Nebula Loader has NEOGEO.DAT.

I got it to work, but you're right, it does have bugs in it.

Lastly, do you know if there's a way to fix the game's control sensitivity in Kawaks (I've got the loader 1.46), Ryu seems to have a hard time pulling off his Shoryuken compared to Ken among other things. I'm using a USB/PS2 Controller adapter, but I doubt that has anything to do with it. If there's nothing that can be done it just proves SNK didn't do quite as good a job for the game as Capcom did with theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, after reading this thread I decided to do a search for "FAQ"

I believe the reason why I did that is obvious...

Anyway, apparently there's no FAQ section anywhere on the forums Is there one that exists? One place to have definitions of common terms eg.CRCs or file extensions; or common problems like, a corrupt or outdated rom. Would probably reduce the amount of trouble for everybody.

"Fine print": If one doesn't exist, I would be more than happy to create one and post it.

Edited by Unessential

Hmm, after reading this thread I decided to do a search for "FAQ"

I believe the reason why I did that is obvious...

Anyway, apparently there's no FAQ section anywhere on the forums Is there one that exists? One place to have definitions of common terms eg.CRCs or  file extensions; or common problems like, a corrupt or outdated rom. Would probably reduce the amount of trouble for everybody.

I've been meaning to devise something like that for the longest time now, I just have never really put my mouth where my money is.

Although, then people wouldn't ask questions so much anymore... :/