something wrong in my pc

Darken

I don`t know how or from where to get the update...... any help here :D

Do you know the brand of your mainboard? because it is usualy on their site

Yep, you'll get the possible BIOS update from your motherboard manufacturer's site. You can also check it by restarting the computer is reading the first few lines that appear on the screen.

i.e. Award BIOS Date xx/xx/xxxx or something similar.

FYI most newer motherboards have a backup feature that will kick in if the bios winds up dead. I know ASUS offers this.....

ASUS CrashFree BIOS2

The CrashFree BIOS2 feature now includes the BIOS auto-recovery function in a support CD.

Users can reboot their system through the support CD when a bootable disk is not available,

and go through the simple BIOS auto-recovery process.

ASUS motherboards now enable users to enjoy this protection feature without the need to pay for an optional ROM.

ahah... i think i hav solve this computer mystery.. goto control panel > power options > "apm" tab > click/select enable adv. power management support (only option in that tab) > apply and ok , and thats that, should shutdown by itself now again w/o havin to be not lazy and press the button :clapping:

edit some more bits of info from this site

Enter your computer's BIOS setup (press DEL or ESC or something like that just after turning on your system, and your computer is counting through your memory). Contact your computer's manufacuter or refer to your computer's documentation for details specific to your computer.

Turn the main APM option to Enable or On.

Important: Set all the lesser APM-related options (such as hard disk timouts and the monitoring of ports) to disable or off. This ensures that Windows is in control of all the APM options, and your BIOS settings don't interfere or conflict with your Windows APM preferences. 

Windows XP only: double-click the Power Options icon in Control Panel, select the APM tab, and turn on the Enable Advanced Power Management support option.

If all is well, Windows should power down your system the next time you shut down.

Edited by IxI SoNiK IxI

well every one... I have another qustion:

when I want to shut down the windows I have 3 choises (shutdown,restart,hibernate...something like that) while my frind have stand by commend.....how to get that?????

well every one... I have another qustion:

when I want to shut down the windows I have 3 choises (shutdown,restart,hibernate...something like that) while my frind have stand by commend.....how to get that?????

So he has four choices while you have 3? I thought hibernate is pretty much the same as Stand-by.

Try this, I don't know if it will do anything but it's worth a shot.

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Power Options -> Hibernate tab -> Uncheck Enable Hibernate.

Doing that might open up Stand by.