The Fall of the American Empire

random guy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My World History class has been studying Rome, or more specifically, the similarities between Rome and America, and we're starting to gain some of the same characteristics as pre-destruction Rome.

1. The lack of the things we say we stand for.

2. Violent sports to keep the masses from criticizing the government.

3. A government ruled by the rich, rather than those with good ideas.

And that's not all either, there're a lot of similarities. What do the rest of you think?

The thing is, rich and politically-connected people have always controlled the country. It's just that they had to come up with an entire government.

And I'd be interested in reading more similarities.

My World History class has been studying Rome, or more specifically, the similarities between Rome and America, and we're starting to gain some of the same characteristics as pre-destruction Rome.

1. The lack of the things we say we stand for.

2. Violent sports to keep the masses from criticizing the government.

3. A government ruled by the rich, rather than those with good ideas.

And that's not all either, there're a lot of similarities. What do the rest of you think?

The thing is, rich and politically-connected people have always controlled the country. It's just that they had to come up with an entire government.

And I'd be interested in reading more similarities.

There's this whole thread goin' on that I can't post right now cause it's blocked here, and the thread has pretty much turned into a Bush sucks flame war. I'll toss it up here later anyway. It's on a Pokemon forum, but there's a Misc/debate subforum. It's at serebii.net if you just want to search for it.

I'm Korean and I am very worried about the prediction.

Of course, nobody knows the future, but the Korean economy relies heavily on the welfare of American economy.

Whenever the NASDAQ goes down, KOSDAQ (Korean equivalent) goes down. Whenever it goes up, so does KOSDAQ.

This will effect all nations that rely on exporting goods without much natural resources, whose market is obviously targetting America for very obvious reasons.

However, I would like to find out their predictions of its side-effects on Europe and China.