First Gamecube Mod Chip

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo! I successfully modded it (with help from my boss)!

The only problem with it is that it doesn't play dvd-r backups (DVD+rs only). Not really a problem, +rs are cheaper here anyway, and I have a +/- burner.

iq_132 do u actully read.. or are u mentaly retarded. The gamecube can not read any type of dvd. Its a complete different format. You can not play backups from the disc drive. The only way u can is over a network which hardly works as it is and u didnt need the modchip to even do that.. just a old copy of phantasy star online.

the only thing the chip is usefull for is loading small amounts of data onto the memory of the gamecube.. maybe u can play doom or something. Thats about it.

iq_132 do u actully read.. or are u mentaly retarded. The gamecube can not read any type of dvd. Its a complete different format. You can not play backups from the disc drive. The only way u can is over a network which hardly works as it is and u didnt need the modchip to even do that.. just a old copy of phantasy star online.

the only thing the chip is usefull for is loading small amounts of data onto the memory of the gamecube.. maybe u can play doom or something. Thats about it.

Wow... nice to be flamed by someone who is very very uninformed.

If you had read my post correctly, you would see a few things.

1. Yes, there are modchips which allow you to run backups

2. Yes, the Gamecube CAN RUN DVD BACKUPS.

3. I was simply stating that it does not like dvd-r, it does, however, like dvd+r.

BTW, I would really really suggest that "u actully read" before you say something like this again. Idiot.

You have been warned, please do not flame people here on 1Emulation. Thank you.

ok ok sorry for the flame.. i was around the gcdev scene for a good while and it was pretty much said over and over there was no way of running any disc format unless it was the orginal mini disc by nintendo which I was told isnt dvd format at all. After the chip came out i went and read up again and the gcdevs still gave the same response that the chip could not do anything more then the pso loader but made it easyer to put stuff on the memory. (they pretty much said the only way it would be possible is to somehow attach a normal dvd drive which i still havent seen done) Ive done a search and i still see no info on actully running a dvd or any other disc format on the gamecube. So if you would like to enlighten me please do.

Edited by Bluestinger X

ok ok sorry for the flame.. i was around the gcdev scene for a good while and it was pretty much said over and over there was no way of running any disc format unless it was the orginal mini disc by nintendo which I was told isnt dvd format at all. After the chip came out i went and read up again and the gcdevs still gave the same response that the chip could not do anything more then the pso loader but made it easyer to put stuff on the memory. (they pretty much said the only way it would be possible is to somehow attach a normal dvd drive which i still havent seen done)  Ive done a search and i still see no info on actully running a dvd or any other disc format on the gamecube. So if you would like to enlighten me please do.

Well, all that info was correct until a while ago.

ok ok sorry for the flame.. i was around the gcdev scene for a good while and it was pretty much said over and over there was no way of running any disc format unless it was the orginal mini disc by nintendo which I was told isnt dvd format at all. After the chip came out i went and read up again and the gcdevs still gave the same response that the chip could not do anything more then the pso loader but made it easyer to put stuff on the memory. (they pretty much said the only way it would be possible is to somehow attach a normal dvd drive which i still havent seen done)  Ive done a search and i still see no info on actully running a dvd or any other disc format on the gamecube. So if you would like to enlighten me please do.

Thats no reason to go attacking another member on this forum.

I missed all the fun. :blink:

Anyway, there is a Pansonic version of the GC which reads full DVD discs so I doubt they really changed the hardware too much.

Anyway, this is over and done with. Thanks for the PM IQ or I would have missed this. :devilboy: