First Gamecube Mod Chip

You have to flash the chip with the cobra bios via LPT port on your pc through the adapter sold with it. No need for HD just buy mini dvd-rs or just leave the lid off and use full size dvd-rs for "homebrew software". The soldering is actually pretty easy, large points on the board to solder to. Only one being minorly difficult, a leg of a chip under the heatsink.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I wish they would just make some 1.5 GB mini discs or something. My cube is full of dust and there seems to be many gc releases (iso wise) lately.

I guess the panasonic GC with dvd capabilities will have no problems and probably the best thing to have now that this mod chip is out.

does the GC play music cds btw?

Why would it? Take a look at the console again, can you fit a music CD anywhere in there?

Well, actually someone modded his GC to play backups by pretty much stripping the CG out of it's shell.

Edited by Agozer

Theortically, the GC does play dvds and cds, it's just modding the hell out of it to get it work is the hard part.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this thread up, but does anyone have a reliable site (one they've bought a chip from) that carries the Viper chip?

I'm going to buy one, but I want absolute certainty that I won't get scammed.

• 1 month later...