What HAPPENED?!

Alpha

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the radio show? Have we given up on that?

No..were infact working on it with a new radio host for a weekly show of some sort.

We just need someone to help host it on their connection since we don't want to put it on the server.

Hmm.. Most of the things I can think of would require at least a little investment..

- A shoutcast or other streaming station would be cool, and wouldn't have to be huge (IE, someone could probably even host it on a cable). Dunno what it would feature other than the talk show. There are some emulation music chanels out there but I can't see how anyone actually listens to those. And then there's the issue of copyright. *shrug* It's an idea, someone else make it practical. :huh:

- More Online Gaming content? Maybe it's too far astray from the emu focus, but it seems like we have enough gamers here that this would be successful. Maybe a 1emu clan or a tournament ladder or something like that? A clan would be a form of advertisement itself, especially if we had a server, and a tournament might be a draw for new people. Maybe this could be a chance to get new affiliates also (people who could host servers, for example)? This could even trickle over to the XBox with the Live! games, and since modded emulation-xboxes are popular, maybe we could work with that?

- The downloads section - others have mentioned it. Maybe we could turn it into a more practical version of Zophar's Domain's emulator list? Just list the best/most popular emulators and have them available for download (or at least link to their sites). This would have to be regularly updated, of course, but since we do front-page news for new or updated emus, that shouldn't be a huge issue. We might also include tutorials to setup the more complicated emus or how-to's on utilities and things like Kalliera?

Just throwin' out some ideas

P.S. I'll second the vote for an anime section. Subsections might be a bit much, as there are only one or two series that really get much attention, but a forum wouldn't hurt. A stickied and moderated thread for.torrent releases would rock if allowable, and could be a draw.

Edited by Daeval

I could host it but I'm kinda afraid of the legailty and technicality issues :/

by trophie case you would have a separate page that shows like an award to a user for winning a contest or something like.

('')

===

Gryphonklaw - Best Kirby Artwork Drawing

=====

IJTF_Cinder - Winner of Galaga Challenge

I dunno its up to u

I could host it but I'm kinda afraid of the legailty and technicality issues :/

I'll take care of the legality issues since we looked up on it.

It will mostly just be for the talk show itself so we won't be playing any real music. :huh:

I think the Anime forum is a good idea. Also...I'd be willing to chip in $10 a month for a server.

That would be wonderful.. that can really help us and I would be also able to increase the space and bandwith on our webspace which we would be able to run the kaillera server on. I also have to see how much bandwith Kaillera uses which I'll test with Miskie. Either way..with that money we can do a lot.

I also found out that I would have to initially pay for 3 months on GameHosts so I don't have to pay a setup fee. If I just start by paying for the first month which is $15, there is a $25 activation fee. So I'll definately talk to Miskie.

Thank you for consideration and I hope others can help us out too. :huh:

I don't like the idea of an anime forum, its bad enough that there is anime/hentai/cosplay addicts flooding ever gaming forum on the net, and I would hate to see 1Emu to fall into that category. I mean that’s what makes it stand out form the rest, in my opinion. How about a better/more well organized review archive? Like have a review archive link in the reviews forum, like the person can either click on console/ pc game or search for a game by genre. So every time someone adds a review they can have put into its proper category. Also what do you think of a Sports forum? Not just stuff like Football, basket ball etc..., I mean all general sports. Like MMA (mixed martial arts), Kick boxing, wrestling and pro wrestling, everything sports. I have a lot more idea's, better downloads in the download section, like patches that members here have made, Fatals Place, Bare Knuckle discussion forum (i.e. strong opinions, venting on something or someone, flame wars etc..), more features in your personal profile, like a blog, music, etc... I know adding stuff like this takes money so hopefully the hardcore members here will start to help out here and there (yes GC, I will donate as promised, I just got two job offers and I am deciding on witch one to pick, so I will hook you up soon). Ok well I kind of went on for to long so sorry, but I hope these ideas were helpful somewhat.

Just found out that there is a coupon code for this month for free activation @ GameHosts. So if we are going to do this, we got to register for it this month so we can try it out for a month and see how many people actually go to it. If of course you want to do it that way. I do want to do talk to Miskie first so this put's me in a hurry since it's hard to get in contact with him. I'll think about it more.

Order Details

Kaillera Servers:  1-Month @ $0.00 + Setup: $25.00

Max Players:  10 Players = $15.00

Server Location:  Dallas Texas 

Voice Server: 10 Slots TeamSpeak (FREE)

Package(s) Total: $15.00

Package(s) Setup: $25.00

Sub Total: $40.00

Coupon  (nosetup4451) -$25.00

Tax Due: $0.00

Total Due: $15.00*

* $15.00 will be due on the next renewal date: 2004/12/28

(Domain renewals billed separately.)

I'm wondering about donations. Since i'm young and I'm pretty sure a lot of the 1emu community are, are we allowed to send money via mail?

I'm pretty sure most of us won't send u crap but it would be a little more convenient to those that are paranoid about using credit cards and stuff.

Then again its up to you :huh:

btw, that registartion thing sounds cool but we need to decide soon since this month is almost over?

I'm wondering about donations. Since i'm young and I'm pretty sure a lot of the 1emu community are, are we allowed to send money via mail?

I'm pretty sure most of us won't send u crap but it would be a little more convenient to those that are paranoid about using credit cards and stuff.

Then again its up to you :huh:

btw, that registartion thing sounds cool but we need to decide soon since this month is almost over?

Sorry, you can't mail stuff currently. However, paypal only needs a bank account. Either a savings account or a checking account, it doesn't matter. PayPal is one of the most secure sites on the internet and is used by eBay'ers all over the world. So you don't technically need a credit card at all. You can just donate via your paypal account which is free to have and is very easy to set up to send funds to my PayPal account. That is basically how the donation page works which is a redirect to my PayPal account. (http://www.1emulation.com/donate.html)