Who's better? Capcom or SNK?

Who makes there games better? Capcom, or SNK?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You should try complaining. Unfortunately for capcom and snk games and especialy for fighting games, u need all the buttons u can get and missing some result in lesser combos asnd stuff like that.

Ask them to try to fix it and if they dont, buy a dreamcast :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try complaining. Unfortunately for capcom and snk games and especialy for fighting games, u need all the buttons u can get and missing some result in lesser combos asnd stuff like that.

Ask them to try to fix it and if they dont, buy a dreamcast :banghead:

That's kinda like if you bought a brand spanking new TV and didn't get a remote with it.

@Topic

Not that easy to answer. Capcom just delivered one of the best fighting series ever. Street Fighter Alpha 3 is quite near to perfectness, but lacks some balance between the characters. Anyway - the game is just awesome. Great Character design, perfect handling and nice Storymodes.

I was never too much in KOF, because it was kind of heartless. No cool story, just that usual "OMG, I invite all the characters to an allmighty clash and at the end there's one big story battle..."

But I have to admit i just prefer SNK. First of all, there is Garou, which shows on an impressive way how cool 2-D Beat em Ups can be. I'm not one of the biggest Garoufans, because i never liked that many characters of it (but that's personal - they're all very well designed and are unique, too, in most cases). The Game is just what I call "cool".

Samurai Shodown is also quite cool, because it has an very unique atmosphere and some really impressing characters. But I have to admit i'm just digging SS4 - I miss the story in Part 5. The main problem of this game is the unbalanced characters - it's nearly impossible to win this game with some characters.

And on the other hand there's my favourite game of all time - Last Blade II. In my mind this is the best Game ever made for any Platform. The Balance between the characters is awesome, the beautiful graphics are stunning and the countersystem just works perfect. Also very fluid controls and a nice gamespeed. Besides that, the characterdesign and the story (and thats quite rare) are marvellous IMO - I can play that game again and again and the story-mode won't stop to excite me. It's so cool how different the characters are.

So, as you might have guessed i'll choose SNK.

Wow, SNK is in the lead by 2 votes, damn, if this was made around here SNK would have 2 votes and capcom woulda had 6, alot of people from miami prefer Capcom over SNK, wonder why tho....maybe because SNK was barely advertised here. Also alot of people down here didint know about SNK till the Maximum Impact commercials appeared. (Im not one of them)

Edited by Drake

Well think about it Drake. Most of us here have played arcade emulators and we were exposed to both capcom and snk games. The snk games were pretty much better than the capcom games with:

SNK Games : Garou KOF Last blade 2, Samurai Shodown Metal Slug

Against

Capcom Games: Street Fighter 2, alpha series, vs series, Alien vs predator, Darkstalkers

I'm guessing ppl like snk games more because they're a bit more realistic and take more tactic and skill to beat the cpu or the other player

Snk games are mor wild and the character moves so fast so i don't like it that much plus it's easy to get to the boss but then the bosses are always cheap so i don't like snk that much altho kof is great

i prefer SNK because its never the same, often times people must re learn there favorite characters unlike capcom and in general from playing these games all over the world, its seems like people whom are really skilled in 2d fighters in general just prefer SNK