Bush Seeks Funds for Abstinence Education

KyokugenKiss

I remember a bumper sticker my step dad had on his old work truck.

it said: "If you can't feed em, don't breed em"

That is flocking beautiful. It doesn't just apply to 3rd world countries either, there are plenty of families in the US with more kids than they can economically manage.

I think the idea of "it'll never work, they're teenagers" is kind of defeatist. I'm not sure this program is it, but definetly something needs to be done. It's pretty well documented that kids are getting more and more stupid about sex in the US, and overpopulation is quickly becoming a worldwide issue (well, it IS a worldwide issue, it's just getting more attention). Our culture as a nation certainly holds at least part of the blame, watch any TV show popular with a high school crowd and you'll see what I mean.

If you think of things in larger terms, maybe teaching abstinence to 3rd world countries isn't the best idea. For one, it's kind of pretentious, seeing as we have the same problem only it's masked by our ridiculous wealth as a nation. Maybe we should teach our population not to be idiots, and use the savings that result to help 3rd world countries with things that will actually further their ability to help themselves.

The problem is effectively dealing with the problem anywhere. It is kind of a natural human urge to breed, or at least to "practice."

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree witha IJTF_Cinder and garageink. Hell a few years ago bill clinton took part of our taxes to homosexual research and help. That pissed me off... but id rather have some of my taxes go to getting kids to stop having kids at age 15 then help homosexuals get free school :blink:

its something thats screwy about our countrys these days... u meet a girl when shes 18 and its like impossible to imagine her a virgin. Were as in some other countrys still a good part of the female population waits (and others it worse then us). Go walk through a highschool these days you will see atleast 5 pregnet girls and im sure there was more but they dropped out.

I memmer the first week of school I must've seen about 5 pregnant girls walking the campus, now I only see 1. Think maybe they're just getting knocked up just to not go to school? Bah, maybe, or maybe just to not go for a year

You tend to forget that it'z guyz that try to get into the gurlz pantz, yeah sure the gurl wantz it to but usually thatz when she'z like been with him for a while or she'z a hoe, but hey who knowz, but um anywayz, guyz just keep getting cleverer and cleaverer, so it'z not entirly the gurlz fault, some dudez just have killer game.

You tend to forget that it'z guyz that try to get into the gurlz pantz, yeah sure the gurl wantz it to but usually thatz when she'z like been with him for a while or she'z a hoe, but hey who knowz, but um anywayz, guyz just keep getting cleverer and cleaverer, so it'z not entirly the gurlz fault, some dudez just have killer game.

Or date rape.

Or date rape.

Isn't there somekind of a date rape drug that's quite popular over there?

Edited by Agozer