Black Friday

Diso

well i'm planning to go to compusa at 6am to get a 60gb hdd for $29.99 (no rebate) and logitech cordless controller for my xbox for $24.99 and thats a buy 1 and get one free deal for the controllers which normally run for $40 each :blink:

i plan to use the hdd in my ps2 for hd loader use (the 20gb thats in it now acts kinda funny but i guess cuz its 5400) and a buddy of mine is going 50-50 for the cordless controllers since its buy 1 and get 1 free we both get 1 :D

just to note: the hdd deal is just for friday but the logitech controller ps2/xbox deal is friday and saturday only.

oh and another place i plan to go before noon is to bestbuy so i can buy the dave chappelle show season 1 dvd set for $9.99 :lol:

Edited by Prican25

man, compusa was a mad house and their service is crap; i and bunch of others stand by a glass window which we think have the hdd's on sale and we waited and waited and waited and finally 30mins later a guy shows up but decides to start with memory customers first, then to ppl that wanted cd/dvd burners but then we get a guy for hdd's and come to find out that the hdd on sale was at a camera section and we were like WTF; in the end i was able to grab the last one (was hoping for 2)

on top of that, the cordless controllers that i wanted for xbox (and that the worker told me and handed to me) turned out to be not the ones on sale and i find this out when i finally got to the cashier after waiting an hour + in line :)

i think next time i'm only going to do this if its really worth it.

another funny thing to note: theres also a pc show this weekend and i went and low and behold the same hdd's that were on sale the day before were being sold there for 20 bucks more :angry:

i also went to bestbuy to get dave chappelle show season 1 dvd set for 9.99 and as expected one long ass line but what pissed me off was there were other places where ppl could just pay but they decided to make it exclusive to those who buy something in that section EG: home theater register to only ppl buying home theaters and such.

Edited by Prican25

I went to Black Friday-day at BestBuy. I got a RetroCON from Mad Catz for the PS2, (all XBOX) Second Sight, Metal Arms, Max Payne 2, Splinter Cell, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, & ESPN NFL 2K5 for $10 each. So, in all, it cost me $70... and a 2 hour wait in line...

Ahh, the sweet rewards of Capitalism... I am going to play Sonic & Knuckles now...

Anon.

People around where i live got arrested for fighting and general rowdiness.

I was working when most of the sales were going on so i have to deal with my own breed of people coming into getting everything in sight. Nothing huge was on sale so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

Well, it wasn't a black friday sale, but they had a sale over at jb hifi this weekend, and I picked up 5 movies (Robocop, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Animal House, Psycho Beach Party, and Rated X) and a collector's edition of John Safran vs God (if you're not from Australia you won't know what that is) and all for under $100.

turns out I got a GC after all, after the pressure I have seeing my extra controller and memory card I had from the last gamecube I sold.

Here's my Black Friday Shopping (friday and saturday):

-BF: Ninteno GameCube bundled w/Mario Kart: DD include with a $15 check from EB with a free chosing game of my choice, I had to pick Zelda: wind wanker. I friggin don't want Zelda, even though they told me it ran out on SSBM (the most I wanted), MGS:TS, and several other titles..man all the EB here ran out of those :) so far I hated BF that night.

-SAT: I just went and get Virtual Fighter: Evolution since they have it for sale for only $10, so I couldn't refuse.

Sunday ? I don't know.. crap, anyone know which retail store sold Super Smash Brother Melee for only $19.99 to $24.99 (screw the $29.99 price tag), please let me know.