PS3 & PSP: The Inside Scoop

I think discs are much better than carts (which I think the DS uses but the PSP uses discs). Think of the storage space for one thing. OH, and kanti, according to that article the battery WILL be removable.

Edited by random guy

DS uses a gbit cart and cuz its a cart theres more battery life since theres less things moving.

PSP may not give you much in battery life but you must understand that it has to spin, read, display, sound and so on.

look at a decent portable dvd player, they last just about as long as a PSP does

Sony's Minidisc format (the "old" one, I don't know about the PSP disks obviously) rocks my shorts. It's too bad they never popularized them as a data format, they would have been a worthy successor to the floppy disk (much better than clunky and expensive zip disks). I guess USB drives have taken the throne there now.

i forgot sony's good with portable discs, then i guess disc for portable gaming if the futrure but it stills use more power.

sony's MD player have great battery life so i don't think the disc is the problem to the battery life, maybe is the cpu that uses most ot the power ??

i forgot sony's good with portable discs, then i guess disc for portable gaming if the futrure but it stills use more  power.

sony's MD player have great battery  life so i don't think the disc is the problem to the battery life, maybe is  the cpu that uses most ot the power ??

I'd say so, seeing as it's providing ps2-equivalent graphics. That's gotta take alot of complex equatiions.

i forgot sony's good with portable discs, then i guess disc for portable gaming if the futrure but it stills use more  power.

sony's MD player have great battery  life so i don't think the disc is the problem to the battery life, maybe is  the cpu that uses most ot the power ??

I'd say so, seeing as it's providing ps2-equivalent graphics. That's gotta take alot of complex equatiions.

E = MC square?

E = MC square?

Hehe I'm just thinkin' how hot my geforce gets and how it needs those power supply leads and then wondering how the little PSP's battery will match that... then i remember that my graphics kill the PS2s lol.

Edited by DragonKeeper