Wireless internet sucks.

OverlordMondo

I'm connected to the internet through a wireless router. But I can't seem to get a stable connection! I managed to keep one going over the weekend, I was able to talk to people on IRC...and then I had to reset my computer. Naturally, I've spent every second since then trying to regain a stable connection. Any simple fix for this? And fix at all? Is there something wrong?

And my parents refuse to run cable ACROSS THE FLOCKIN' HALL so that I can have a stable connection. Everytime I get disconnected, I go and start using the microwave, or cordless phone, just to annoy them by kicking them off. I constantly tell them of security risks (which is probobly the problem) but they REFUSE to switch to logical, sensible, cable. Any ideas on that one?

How nice of you to share your bitching about wireless connection with the rest of the board members. B)

I was asking for help (regarding my computer) in the first paragraph. >_>

But you biatch in the second, at least for a moment. :)

Even my connection isn't stable, and I really don't know what to do about it.

Maybe you should try updating the BIOS, change drivers or something....?

Edited by Agozer

How nice of you to share your bitching about wireless connection with the rest of the board members. B)

I was asking for help (regarding my computer) in the first paragraph. >_>

But you biatch in the second, at least for a moment. :)

Even my connection isn't stable, and I really don't know what to do about it.

Maybe you should try updating the BIOS, change drivers or something....?

Change drivers to what?

make sure your pc with the connected wireless card is free from things that might interfere with its connection, like if is inside a desk, like those pc desk from ikea or wuteva with an area to put your monitor and pc.. i've moved my other computer with the wireless outside of the desk and nows getting an excellent signal, 54mbps, linksys 2.4ghz