Project goals?

I was working on an NSF player yesterday while being taught a lot of stuff by Disch, NSF ripping is considered, and sound logging is going to be easily implemented when i get around to it (both being on my to do list previously, my to do list is huge).

axl: a rom launcher is on my list, but it wasn't going to be that elaborate, your ideas have been considered, i was going to do thinks like cartridge and box scans and stuff though, and preview shots.

Are you thinking of implementing a ROM information dialog? Similar to, let's say, the one in Snes9x (although being a SNES emu, but you get the idea.)

Edited by Agozer

The idea is great bcuz most of us collectors wanna know what type of dumps we are getting so as we have the best possible collection, don't you agree?

Well the ROM information dialog doesn't show whether to the ROM has been hacked or not and if it's good; rather it shows other useful info.

We have GoodTools for ROM image auditing, you know

Hey olaf, you should use one of the pics of yourself that you linked us to last night in the chat as the skin of your emulator.

Uh no, that wouldn't be a good idea if you think about the future. :)

Edited by Agozer

• 4 months later...

That picture idea would only work if there was a bright, shiny light behind his head and everytime you open OlafNES, a chorus of angels rises to crescendo. And then, to top it all off, the guy that does the voice for those movie previews comes in and says "OlafNES - Emulation... With attitude." or something like that. Sorry for the spam kevin, but I can never pass up a chance to make an idiot of myself. Oh, and gratz on the emulator and the website. Both look very professional. Seriously, the latest update is awesome compared to whatever was on the laptop (ver. 1.0g, I think). You've come a long way with it.