Project goals?

I have to ask the author(s) what goals they have set for this emulator, that differ from current existing emulators.

Do you have any goals set to do anything other emulators haven't done already?

I ask because I'm always curious about new emulators and what the authors intend for the project to accomplish.

the goal really, was to simply test myself. i've always wanted to have my own emulator, and to continue this project seemed like a good idea. the current goal, after achieving that goal, is to make the original emulator way better (basicnes 2000). i've been hard at work adding mapper support and new features, and that's basically my goal at this point. i've got unique features in my emulator that you don't see in other nes emulators (input switching, random rom loading, mapper substitution, etc.), and i'm very proud of that. i've relaly impressed myself with this project, it's slowly developing, but it's getting better all the time. :D

the goal really, was to simply test myself. i've always wanted to have my own emulator, and to continue this project seemed like a good idea. the current goal, after achieving that goal, is to make the original emulator way better (basicnes 2000). i've been hard at work adding mapper support and new features, and that's basically my goal at this point. i've got unique features in my emulator that you don't see in other nes emulators (input switching, random rom loading, mapper substitution, etc.), and i'm very proud of that. i've relaly impressed myself with this project, it's slowly developing, but it's getting better all the time.  :shootem:

awesome... how'd you learn how to program? keep up the good work :naughty:

Edited by IxI SoNiK IxI

i read an cartoonish 50 page book on BASIC, and from there i started downloading BASIC source codes and disassembling them and altering code, i learned all the different keywords and stuff, and from there it's history, i just downloaded visual basic, and adapted what i knew, and downloaded more source code, and for the following 6 years after that, i was writing my own programs in different languages.

I haven't been playing any NES games recently, I'm still working on finishing some SNES ones, but it's nice to see an emulator that's actively being developed. I love updates ;)

I did do a quick check your program, and the niftiest feature (in my opinion) is the auto-saving! I've never seen that in any of the emulators I use, for the various systems. I'm always using savestates left and right, and having something that would do that occasionally for me, is really nice!

Since I haven't tried it out yet, I'm curious, does it keep a few of the older autosaves as well as the latest one? If not, that would be a nice feature to have (to be able to set up the number of autosaves to keep before removing the old ones).

Thanks for giving me a program to check out, and a new changelog to read 8)

believe it or not, that's something i've been trying to get finished, and something i personally want. i do have a disable sprite layer option... it's umm... under... nes > video > rendering > effects > disable sprites, pretty well hidden. but yeah, i want to be able to disable the background, it's something on my to do list. :P

cool, I've been looking to start my NES collection but all the emus seem to suck..

here's my first request! you know the rom load list in fba?

it shows you what roms you have in black plus what roms you don't have in grey, so that you know what to download; and it also shows hacks and different regiones, so if you could implement it would be awesome!!

my second request is that you try and implement a rom checker so we can tell if it's a good dump or a different region...

lotsa luck and in making it the best nes emu ever...