Capcom Fighting Evolution get's a 6.5!

Alpha

Meh.. i think this review was somewhat biased. 2D fighters are a specialized genre, and i think that the game is certainly sound gameplay wise, though not up CvS 2 levels of balance, let alone SFIII: TS. Capcom's quality is always high and there are never any stinkers (*cough* kof2001 *cough*) but there is always room for improvement. The reviewer says that the game is sound, but nobody can make CFE something it's not supposed to be.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrite, im pickin up my copy today but ive played it b4 in the jap arcades so here are my two cents...

PRos:

its capcom, and they rarely come out with games, so i can appreciate a new one like this. well, not new, but a game.

its a really great concept. I really like how each character has their own fighting "groove" that are from their respected title. thats a very nice addition.

the presentation looks great. not the game itself, but the character menus, the versus screens and so on.

nice roster, not the best but good enough.

great game for 2d lovers who are into old school values. (thats me!)

cons ok here we go:

game was released way too early, therefore the capabilities of being a better game couldve been way higher.

sprites, ok now yes i am always sad to see that we will never get anythin new off capcom. we will always see the old alpha look and hardly any new CVS stuff. so im not surprised at all really, but still, it couldve been real nice. its jus like KOF, so whatevers. not surprised at all.

this is where i get really pissed off. graphics do not make a great game. i can play a beautiful game like 3rd strike, and yet, appreciate the classic street fighter 2: world warriors. the game is called, CAPCOM FIGHTING EVOLUTION. this implies a brand new game, a brand new step to 2-d fighting. they can pull off a CVS and keep some old street fighter alpha sprites. but here, the graphics are pixelated like there is no tomorrow. i dont even think street fighter 2 was this pixelated. i was at the arcades, and i never saw so many little pixels on a character.

being a huge steet fighter and capcom fan, hence the avatar and sig, this game is mediocre at best. nothing ground breaking or exciting. jus another game thrown right into ur face by capcom with their heads in their asses.

TO capcom:

we understand that nothing really brand new will ever come out, but the game is so pixelated its not even funny. its ok (but bad) to keep rehashing crap, but at least make it look smooth. u have made beautiful games such as SF3:TS, but how can u make CFE like this? having sed that, rather than goin a step foward, with games already great as CVS, or SF3:TS, CFE is a down-grade, not an upgrade.

but like i sed, mediocre at best, 2d-fighters will like this game (which i do) but not for a long time, and new fighting game lovers will despise this game to the bone.

Edited by BoomBa_GoosE

yeah I think the review was bias. CFJ might not be the be all end all 2d fighter but I love capcom and I love SF so I am gonna get it if and when it comes to billbox (I heard a while back that it was *fingers crossed*)

by the way anyone get the SF anniversary for xbox that came out in Japan and was swiftly recalled for not having region lockouts.

well, jus got back from the store and i got my copy. still pretty much what i sed in my previous post. not as pixelated as the arcade for some reason, maybe im jus sittin farther, but yeah, still pixelated.

but yeah, everythin i sed b4 still stands, i love the sounds though. music is pretty catchy. sort of MVC2-ish but not really. the announcer isnt as gay as the one from SFA3 so thats a plus. im havin fun i guess, got skooled in the first round for some reason. so yeah, street fighter/capcom fans, aint bad.

6.5/7 for old school players, 3/4 rating for u new school, 3d people.

i don't think the review was bias, capcom just didn't do good job of rehashing the old stuff like they did in other games. they should've stuck with the 3D game then putting it on 2D (not knocking 2D) since most game companies are moving on with 3D, SNK for example has done a decent job for their first 3D kof.

i'll still grab this none less as i do like capcom's fighting games but hey at least now theres a good dbz fighting game hehe

I told you when it was first announced that this game would suck ass and you were all falling over yourselves to defend it. :banghead:

Still, now it's got a review score you believe it? Reviews should never be taken as gospel. I have little to no respect for game journalists, they don't understand the first thing about the subject matter.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku