Capcom Fighting Evolution get's a 6.5!

Alpha

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not worthy of its namesake!!!!

we need TEAM MEGAMAN (X), TEAM DMC, ARTHUR, V.JOE, TEAM RESIDENT EVIL, TEAM FINAL FIGHT!!! then it will be a real fighting JAM!!!!

Come on guys, give it some credit. You give SNK credit, for it's gay graphics that they still plan on using for KOF: Neowave and KOF 2004 and you have been ever since KOF 2000. So, what's wrong if Capcom uses CVS 2 graphics. Atleast they changed the Darkstalkers Characters into a CVS2 look. So be happy Capcom released a new Streetfighter game. Although, I'm quite shocked they didn't put Ken in there. Why dammmit????? :P Looks really good to me. I have to get it. :D

I'm curious, if Capcom vs. SNK 2 were to come out today, if this reviewer would have thrashed it too? That's not to say I know better than him about CFE, but most of his complaints apply to CvS2 as well.

It's a bunch of old fighters thrown together, is basically all he's saying, and that's reason enough to give it a 6.5? Is it because it's missing survival mode and color edit? Or because some of the sprites don't match each other? Those are reasons to give it a 6.5? Even though the gameplay and controls are as solid as we expect from Capcom?

Coming from a guy who couldn't figure out why Rose was in the game (she's practically half the alpha story!), I can sort of understand I guess. Obviously, he's not a 2D fighter fan. I'll wait until a respectable source reviews the game or, better yet, get it and make my own judgements.