Capcom Fighting Evolution get's a 6.5!

Alpha

Five years ago, Capcom Fighting Evolution probably would have been a great game. It does a decent job of throwing together a bunch of different characters into the mix, and letting them take advantage of their respective games' specific play mechanics. It also plays fine and looks good. At the same time, Capcom Fighting Evolution is the umpteenth game to recycle these same graphics, sounds, and mechanics, so unless you're dying to experience some of the strange matchups possible here, you could just as well go back to playing whichever games all these fighters hailed from. (Read Full Article)

920737_20041115_screen007.jpg

I think people have lost their appreciation for 2D fighting games or does this game really suck? :shootem:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It Doesn't Look That Good, I Seems To Me That It Would Be Better Off Leaving The Classics Alone. And Yes People Have Lost All Of Thier Appreciation For 2D Fighters. Its A Shame Is What It Is, A Complete Shame,...

:D

i got it just now....for ps2...

its closer to sf 3 3rd strike than anything...i dont have my ps2 in the arcade machine right now just the xbox so im playing on 32in tv Svideo cables and reg ps2 controler...

i havent seen any 3d backgrounds yet like marvel vs capcom 2 has...maybe ill play a bit more...but these games are best to play on arcade sticks...

and it plays fine from hdloader...

since its only 250 megs rared I say play it by all means!!!!!

everyone has thier favorites maybe this will be yours...but c'mon...

ryu with no ken=bread with no butter :P

NO 3D BACKGROUNDS :banghead:

and the 2d backgrounds are very static with less animation happening than on atari....cant believe this is retail...LAME

Edited by sammaz