ANIME

Itachi

If I want to read, I'll get a manga.  But I see your point.  As a plus, reading subtitles makes you look like more of a nerd.

where as horrible voice acting dosnt?

exactly !! I despise the anime they have up in Toonami/Adult Swim, seriously, in theory, there are only a few people that did the voice for all the character roles in the anime, thats pretty much dull, and I hated that.

No, see, horrible voice acting is the norm. That's not nerdy at all. :naughty: I'll still go with subtitles if there's a major difference. But again, if I wanted to read, I'd get a Manga (and I have a few, too).

i still dont see subs as making anime any more nerdy then it already is. I mean what about other films from over seas. I use to watch alot of french films... and i also refused to watch it with english dubs cause it completely took away from the feel of the movie.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

favorite animes: (no particular order)

initial-d, evangelion, prince of tennis, cowboy beebop

i would think Naruot would be one too since your avatar is ITACHI

nah i jus found a site with some cool shots of that anime :lol:

Edited by IxI SoNiK IxI

What the heck is prince of tennis? I've heard the name a few times and saw it on scarywater, but it sounded too stupid to watch. Tell me it's not about tennis?

And as for the sub/dub debate. I'm all about a good dub (like Cowboy Bebop) or even a good translation (like Princess Mononoke, which was given a full and faithful re-write treatment in English, by my favorite author no less). That said, good dubs are few and far between, and I much prefer subs to bad dubs. I'll also occasionally watch a well-dubbed show subbed, just for the heck of it, to spot differences, to excercise my japanese, etc..

What the heck is prince of tennis?  I've heard the name a few times and saw it on scarywater, but it sounded too stupid to watch.  Tell me it's not about tennis?

And as for the sub/dub debate.  I'm all about a good dub (like Cowboy Bebop) or even a good translation (like Princess Mononoke, which was given a full and faithful re-write treatment in English, by my favorite author no less).  That said, good dubs are few and far between, and I much prefer subs to bad dubs.  I'll also occasionally watch a well-dubbed show subbed, just for the heck of it, to spot differences, to excercise my japanese, etc..

Never say something sounds too stupid to watch. :lol: A tennis anime might be cool!