TV Out problems

I have been trying to get a TV to display what's on my PC's monitor for big screen emulation. I've tried using the Mirror and multi-screen modes and both show up in black and white.

I've tried this same cable on 3 different TVs and it has only been in colour once and has never had sound coming through the TV.

I know the simple answer would be that the TVs that don't work don't support 60hz, but the main TV I am trying to get it to work on supports 60hz on all consoles. My TV can display 60hz PAL games for all consoles, including 60hz hardware options in Gamecube and Xbox. I don't understand why it isn't working properly even though my TV does support 60hz equipment.

Is there something I can do with either my Laptop or TV to get it working correctly? Or is it just a case of either buying a new TV or getting a different typ of cable (S-video, scart, composite etc)? The cable I have now has a full set of pins (21) on the scart plug, it's RGB instead of composite, it has white and red audio plugs attached and a connector that fits into my Laptop (it doesn't fit in my desktop PC though as the TV out socket is nothing like the one on my laptop).

By the way - my graphics card in the laptop is made by SiS and is bulit into the motherboard (it's not a great card, but it runs modern games such as UT2004 and Doom3).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

TVTool is only for Nvidia cards. I did get the TV to display colour though. I plugged my scart cable into the EXT3 slot and changed a few settings on the TV and it worked! Completely random messing about (and for the second time, that's why I posted on here), but it somehow became colour! :thumbsup1:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku