The Simpson vs. Family Guy

Mag

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man, com on admit it already, seriously I laugh at every episode of Family Guy, so do you guys, I don't even find Simpsons to be funny at all (rarely). We enjoy these for laughs, not for how many eps they have.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family Guy. The appeal of the Simpsons has been waning since I started watching Family Guy. I mean, the Simpsons doesn't go ALL OUT to entertain you as Family Guy does. I have seen almost every episode of Family Guy, yet, if I am about an hour away from the next airing on TV, I still watch it, for it is STILL DAMN HILARIOUS.

Anon.

We shouldn't even bother with Simpsons, you find cartoons like that usually, Simpson doesn't portrait almost any adult humor.

Peter Griffin: I got a riddle for you. Ok a homicidal maniac kidnaps this womans kids.He kills one of them. Who does she let him kill?

Brian Griffin: That's not a riddle that's just terrible.

Peter Griffin: Wrong. She lets him kill the ugly one.

Brian: Hola, me Ilamo es brian... Nosotros caramos ir condustedes.. uhhhh...

Bellboy(spanish): Hey, that was pretty good, except when you said "me llamo es Brian," you don't need the "es," just me llamo Brian.

Brian: Oh, oh you speak english

Bellboy (sigh): No, just that first speech and this one explaining it.

Brian: You.... you're kidding me, right?

Bellboy(spanish): Que?

We shouldn't even bother with Simpsons, you find cartoons like that usually,  Simpson doesn't portrait almost any adult humor.

Peter Griffin: I got a riddle for you. Ok a homicidal maniac kidnaps this womans kids.He kills one of them. Who does she let him kill?

Brian Griffin: That's not a riddle that's just terrible.

Peter Griffin: Wrong. She lets him kill the ugly one.

Brian: Hola, me Ilamo es brian... Nosotros caramos ir condustedes.. uhhhh...

Bellboy(spanish): Hey, that was pretty good, except when you said "me llamo es Brian," you don't need the "es," just me llamo Brian.

Brian: Oh, oh you speak english

Bellboy (sigh): No, just that first speech and this one explaining it.

Brian: You.... you're kidding me, right?

Bellboy(spanish): Que?

:) those were awesome quotes. I also love the bit in "let's go to the hop" where they're having a perfectly normal conversation about parenting so it's all very normal...except that they're changing into full bondage gear. Then when they've topped talking, Lois says, "the safety word is banana", then peter says "I love you " and zips up a chain over his mouth, then Lois slams peter as hard as she can onto the bed (and *scene*).

I’ve never seen Family Guy but it would have to be absolutely horrendous to be inferior to The Simpsons.

The Simpsons is utter, utter garbage and has been for longer than I care to remember. I used to like the show for the first three or four seasons but I don’t know whether I was young and stupid or if the writers became old and stupid, but regardless of which is true, the show has descended further and further into irrecoverable doldrums.

Homer has become a morally reprehensible creation. What started out as a funny (and likeable) exaggeration of all the bad traits of the world’s blue collar workers and fathers has become OTT in the extreme. Homer used to have a heart. That emotion is non-existent today, cropping up once in a blue moon, usually when they can’t think of an ending. The writers actually make light of bad parenting and selfish, lazy attitudes. I don’t care if it is only a cartoon, it is making awful parenting seem okay. Marge used to be the foil to Homer’s stupid, irresponsible decisions when it came to their children but she’s just as despicable as him while he’s got even WORSE. Bart is a disgusting little brat who is totally un-likeable and has been sending out an atrocious message to the youth of the past decade.

Religion is a running theme with the show and I’m not exaggerating when I say that at least 1 in 5 episodes base the main story around religion with side stories accounting for the rest. The writers try to hide their views by poking fun at religion but if they weren’t brought up in a church-going family and didn’t believe in such tripe they wouldn’t be doing it at all, never mind as much as they do. I am a total atheist and despise all forms of religion, it is the cause of much that is wrong in the world. I’m not going to get into my feelings about this here but to have an apparently non-religious TV show constantly trying to teach the virtues of god in hidden ways is just stomach churning. The writer’s need to play a different damn tune.

Equally despicable are the writer’s constant jibes at every single thing you care to mention from sports to the military to movies and their own TV network. All this is only through their own (deserved) inferiority complex. They should have a go at themselves, the talentless, childish miscreants.

The stories are absolute garbage. They used to make sense and have a semblance of understanding about narrative, motifs and dialogue, now it seems like they just throw anything they can think of in there and attempt to write a story around the mess they’ve created. Any realism the show had in the early days has gone totally out of the window in favour of cheap gags. The writer’s saw how easy it was to make the Halloween specials and now every single episode revolves around ‘treehouse of horror’ style jokes and utterly absurd plotlines.

Oh, and that completely annoying cow-bag who does the voice for every single non-lead female character on the show and can put on ONE voice, renders the show even more ‘un-watchable’. This smacks of so much sexism it’s absurd. For a start, every woman in the history of the show sounds the same and if that wasn’t bad enough, every professional, working woman character puts on this disgusting ‘rich b*tch’ act. The amount of money they must have by now and they still don’t feel it necessary to hire more vocal talent.

King Of The Hill is a far superior show to the increasingly mindless antics of this annoying family and remains realistic while managing to be both warm and funny. Things I guess were on the list when The Simpsons was first being brainstormed.

And, please, don’t even get me started on South Park. That ‘show’ is so childish and asinine it isn’t even worth mentioning anywhere, ever. It makes The Simpsons look like it was written by geniuses and that's no mean feat.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku