RIP Yassar Arafat

Diso

Bush Administration, or to any administration in the past OR future will never want world peace.

Having some corner or two on Earth ripping themselves apart is much more beneficial for America.

As cold blooded as it sounds, its global politics. There is no humanity - if there was, then there woudln't be a DMZ in Korea, nor the endless strife in the middle east.

The marijuana party wants world peace. I don't see why they aren't gaining more momentum in the political struggle...oh wait, now I remember, it's christianity.

Why can't everyone just gather 'round in a circle and partake in the glorious use of the happy plant?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I hadn't read the intire Quran in arabic, I don't know what it realy means. However, if the Islam is somthing like Judaism, that I guess the Quran has been explained with no mercy by the muslim religion sages, to fit their own interests.

It's Koran.

Actually, it can be spelled Q'ran, Quran, or Koran, due to the only vague approximation of the latin alphabet and sanskrit.

Well, Koran is how our local media and reporters spell it, so I'm not going to start an argument over proper writing at this time.

That being said, I didn't know how Latin or Sanskrit write it, I just said it how I was taught to say it.

But whatever.

Actually, it can be spelled Q'ran, Quran, or Koran, due to the only vague approximation of the latin alphabet and sanskrit.

Well, Koran is how our local media and reporters spell it, so I'm not going to start an argument over proper writing at this time.

That being said, I didn't know how Latin or Sanskrit write it, I just said it how I was taught to say it.

But whatever.

No, the point is that when it was translated into latin characters, there was no real way to translate it's name considering that the characters are so different. Therefore, the closest approximations are koran, q'ran or quran, so either can be used.

Edited by random guy

It's Koran.

But whatever.

No, the point is that when it was translated into latin characters, there was no real way to translate it's name considering that the characters are so different. Therefore, the closest approximations are koran, q'ran or quran, so either can be used.

Ah, I see now. Thanks.

Since I hadn't read the intire Quran in arabic, I don't know what it realy means. However, if the Islam is somthing like Judaism, that I guess the Quran has been explained with no mercy by the muslim religion sages, to fit their own interests.

i pretty much guess that in extreme situations that's the case.

and yeah, i've heard how the Torah(sp?) has been translated in more than one way.