RIP Yassar Arafat

Diso

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since I and RandomGuy are the only ones really discussing this with any heat, I guess I'm the 'opposition' here. :lol: Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to say anyone's take on world affairs is "invalid" in my eyes, or unsupported: I'm just a hardass on anyone who takes the responsibility over deciding the fates of other people's lives. When you step up to a position where you can effectively decide who lives and who dies, the bar gets raised a whole lot in my eyes; if you're going to be a political leader of major global importance, saving people's lives better be high on your list, or... I don't like you. Simple as that. I don't think Arafat ever had "saving lives" on his list of things to do, and it would have been so simple... so I simply don't like or respect him. He might have been a great guy, a great car salesman, even a great journalist or author, someone to "speak up" for the Palestinians. The guy knew how to get press, that's for sure. Once he took peoples lives in his hands, and he clenched his fists for his own reasons, that's when he crossed the line in my eyes. He is knowingly the cause of the death of innocents, he was unrepentant to his deathbed, and for me that itself is all I need to know about him, beyond circumstances, ethnicity, whatever. I'm not saying his cause is invalid, I'm a *supporter* of his cause, it's just that everything he *did* led to this continual "murder for murder", when the Palestinians and Israelis could have had peace by now. If he couldn't have done the job right, he shouldn't have been a leader at all...

Much as I hate to say it, the Muslims (or to be more precise, the Arabs/ Palestinians) are greedy and stupid.

They wouldn't lose their land if they are not being greedy.

Jews are shrewd. When they come to the West Bank, they start to build settlements. Over time, the settlements grew until it can't sustain anymore. So, Jews bought more land from the Arabs. And the Arabs, being greedy, sold their land! Little by little, all the lands are being bought up by Jews. When the Arabs realizing it, it is too late as

Jews have establish themselves there! So, they resort to violence to get back the land they sold! WHich lead to the war that lead to the

birth of Israel.....

That is why, you can say that Arabs people are the greediest people in the world.

Swithin: How could Arafat have prevented the violence? You're talking like he personally armed every insurgent and sent them out to fight, but he didn't. As an example of this, Osama bin Laden is a part of the Saudi family of bin Ladens, and yet America didn't invade Saudi Arabia after the attacks - because they knew the Saudi Royal Family didn't personally arm bin Laden and sent him out to fight. Or again, Timothy McVeigh was an American, but nobody blamed Clinton and decided that because of Timothy McVeigh they won't negotiate with him.

On the other hand, if you can show me that Arafat was capable of preventing ANY of the attacks, and I'll reconsider the matter.

And LSD that's a xenophobic generalisation and an oversimplication of the matter, that for one thing ignores all of the Israeli massacres of Palestinians.

Edited by random guy

And LSD that's a xenophobic generalisation and an oversimplication of the matter, that for one thing ignores all of the Israeli massacres of Palestinians.

Well, that happens after Israel is born, right?

They could have prevent the whole thing from the begining is my point!

Now they have to resort to suicide bombing since this is the only way they can retaliate. The rest of the Arabs do not dare to attack Israel. :thumbsup1: